Fitbit calories for the day don't equal mfp calories for the day?

Options
Hello all! I'd like to go by the calories Fitbit says I have left instead of mfp. I still log my food in mfp though. I have my accounts synced so that my Fitbit account adds or subtracts calories from mfp based on my activity level. How should I configure my mfp account to have the calories that Fitbit says I have left for the day be the same as what mfp says I have left for the day? I currently have mfp set to -2 lbs/week and sedentary, but if I eat what mfp says I can eat after my Fitbit calories are added in I do not lose since it is much higher than what Fitbit says I should eat. Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Fitbit works their calories differently. They add up as you move throughout the day rather than give you a static goal to aim for, which is why they start you below 1200 calories. There will always be a minor difference between the two at the end of the day though due to different calculations.

Are you making sure you're logging everything accurately, including using a food scale? More often than not that's the reason why people don't lose, not because of the high Fitbit burns (some do get overestimations, but many see it being spot on and lose eating them all back).
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I use fit bit for steps n exercise but go my mfp for daily calories n food logging.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yeah mine are off too. Just pick one & go with it...
  • pchca
    pchca Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I ate what Fitbit told me to for two weeks and lost nothing. Then I unsynched them, ate what MFP told me to, and have been losing steadily