Carb cycling diet plan

Options
ashtonfernandes92
ashtonfernandes92 Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello,

I've read a lot of good reviews on Carb cycling and I'm planning on trying it out. I'm currently 180 pounds asked I'm trying to get to 160. I'm also 5' 8" tall. I go to the gym about 2 or 3 times a week and usually do circuit training. I couldn't really find a simple plan online and I'm really confused as to how to get started. Can someone please give me a simple plan or direct me towards it. Thank you in advance.

Replies

• bigJ2025
    bigJ2025 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It depends on if you are trying just to lose weight or add muscle or ? Basically you establish your macros to meet your intake needs based on your output of energy. I think carb cycling is beneficial but you have to know how many macros you need and base it off of that. I used if it fits your macros app and put down that I'm trying to body build. Oy told me I should be 40/40/20. Once I figured that out I started checking my food on MFP and choosing my carbs based on that! Hope this helps
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Keep carbs below 100/day. You be Fine!!
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You can check out the books by Chris Powell, it explains it pretty well, I'm going to start back on it because I need low carb for my PCOS but a few higher carb days when I lift will give me energy and keep my metabolism going. Good luck! And if people tell you it's only for serious bodybuilders that is false. It's an easier way to lose fat without feeling fatigued and having enough energy