Chilli flakes
  • beck1967
    beck1967 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The hot sauce sounds yummy!!
  • courtmarrow
    courtmarrow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast. Tastes just like cheese its basically and it's mainly fiber and protein!!! :smiley:

Also stevia and cinnamon is good!

^^ These are actually my 2 faves. And I highly recommend getting a Misto (or using any store bought spray oil)! It helps any seasonings stick and the uses so little oil it's less than 5 calories
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Get this stuff called "Kernel Seasons" that they sell in the popcorn section. It's pretty much just powdered cheese but there are a ton of flavors. It's only 5 calories per 1/4 tsp which isn't much but I still only use maybe 3 servings on a giant bowl of popcorn. 15 calories to make my popcorn into cheese popcorn? Heck yes!

This! I love this stuff.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I just bought an oil mister so I am going to try that and maybe some salt or seasoning. I don't know if I can eat anything called nutritional yeast. :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Tajin!
  • kendratwcp2014
    kendratwcp2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Pickled jalapeños!!! Your welcome
  • kimforgy
    kimforgy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dip it in peanut butter! YUM
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    ndwildbill wrote: »
    Old Bay seasoning, sometimes garlic salt...some of the Mrs Dash flavors are good as well!

yes
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    seabrzjo wrote: »
    Get this stuff called "Kernel Seasons" that they sell in the popcorn section. It's pretty much just powdered cheese but there are a ton of flavors. It's only 5 calories per 1/4 tsp which isn't much but I still only use maybe 3 servings on a giant bowl of popcorn. 15 calories to make my popcorn into cheese popcorn? Heck yes!

Do you have a Kernel Seasons shaker that states only 5 calories per 1/4 tsp? The only reason I ask is because my local stores don't carry it, but I was getting ready to order online. I visited the Kernel Seasons website and they list nothing less than 80 cals per 1/4 tsp for any of their products.

I am really interested if your shaker has a different value ... I so hope it is 5 calories :)

I just looked at my container and actually I was wrong. It's only 2 calories per 1/4 tsp! Whatever you are looking at must be some kind of error! Look it up on the MFP database, all the flavors say 2 calories. It's basically nothing calorie-wise, get some! Also try it on scrambeled eggs :)

the site shows that its 2 calories as well.. just was looking at it since i think i need to invest!
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Dip it in LARD
  • kathakraz
    kathakraz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Soy sauce.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast. Tastes just like cheese its basically and it's mainly fiber and protein!!! :smiley:

I thought I was the only one who did this!!
  • mean_and_lean
    mean_and_lean Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My solution: Ditch the crappy air popper. Pop the corn in a pot on the stove in coconut oil. Put olive oil, garlic and Parmesan cheese on it. That is my favorite (hangover) snack.
  • frantzcr
    frantzcr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I add ground Rosemary and nutritional yeast to mine. The nutritional yeast adds a nutty cheesy flavor
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I make huge bowls of popcorn for movies at home (to feed 3-4 people). I use about 2 T. melted Kerrygold butter and several shakes of salt. I wouldn't mess with this combo for all the world. :)
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of popcorn so here are some of my favorites:

Franks red hot (I find the acidic flavor really satisfying)
    Balsamic vinegar/reduction (acidic like above)
    a little powdered sugar and cinnamon (can also use powdered stevia etc)
    nutritional yeast
    chili pepper (with a spritz of lime if you want)
    Popcorn flavorings from the store add a lot and aren't too many calories
    Parmesan cheese and chives
    Garlic powder and chives

Almost any spice mixes will taste great:
    Italian seasoning
    Garam Masala
    Taco seasoning
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    So interesting that someone made this thread. I was thinking about it last night. I eat popcorn everynight. I pop mine in a microwave popper, although I do like the idea of popping it on the stove in coconut oil.
    I usually add 1 tsp of olive oil, kosher salt, granulated garlic and cayenne. Lately, I just add the EVOO, hot sauce and a little bit of salt. I also do cinnamon, stevia and a little salt.
    I will try the nutritional yeast also. Thanks for the ideas
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Garlic Powder & Olive Oil
    French Fry Seasoning
    Ranch Seasoning
    Nutritional Yeast (very cheesy tasting & healthy)
  • superlauren11
    superlauren11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Either with pepper and light salt OR I eat a piece of cheese or a piece of dark chocolate with it. (I recommend the second idea!)