Best way to loose weight quicker?

Options
Hello people

What's the best way to loose weight quicker!
Since I started work in June 2015 I've put on 2 stone and so depressed since and I can't shift it at all!

Help me!!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Eat less calories per day than you've been eating since June 2015. Really.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    weight loss is a pretty slow process....mathematically, you can only oxidize so much fat in a period of time to use as fuel...it's a slow process...just get started and stop worrying about "quicker"
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Focus on losing weight period, not losing weight quicker.

In order to lose, you need to have a calorie deficit, which means consuming fewer calories than you burn. Do that by eating less, moving more, or a combo. Have a reasonable calorie deficit. For 28 pounds (2 stone) that's .5-1 pound per week. It will likely take you 6+ months to do this.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    "Quicker" often backfires when it comes to weight loss. Take a deep breath, choose a reasonable calorie goal and get started. Note the word reasonable. You want to eat in a way that's enjoyable and sustainable - so steer clear of massive restrictions.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    There is no quick way to lose it, and keep the weight of. The only way is to eat less calories, more balanced meals, and exercise. Losing weight is as simple as calories in - calories out. But it's not quick, you will need some patience.
    Having said that, good luck with your goal :) It's definetely possible you just have to start working, and stop wishing for a quick fix!
  • cap3737
    cap3737 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    everybodyelse is right calories in calories out. You can speed up the weight-loss by exercising. I do 10,000 steps a day which comes out to being about 6 miles . You can look it up on the Internet and get the explanation of the 10,000 steps. It's old-school exercise it's coming back into Vogue. I wish you the best of luck I started this at 370 and I'm down to 223 as of today.
  • Deadlifter87
    Deadlifter87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    INTERMITTENT FASTING!! I fast every day for 21 hrs and then eat all my daily macro requirments in a 3 hr window, I've lost weight no problem easiest thing ever to do, by fasting your insulin levels deplete and your body switches to using fat as energy around 13-15 hours in growth hormone also increases to protect muscle
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    INTERMITTENT FASTING!! I fast every day for 21 hrs and then eat all my daily macro requirments in a 3 hr window, I've lost weight no problem easiest thing ever to do, by fasting your insulin levels deplete and your body switches to using fat as energy around 13-15 hours in growth hormone also increases to protect muscle

Ditto. I haven't researched the insulin or fat burning properties to IF, but I love doing it. 20 hours of not eating, 4 hour window to "binge" on my foods. I'm never hungry and I love it.

Regardless, CI/CO is the way to go. Just don't set your expectations to "quicker" because it won't happen.
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options

Calm down your yelling. Sure intermittent fasting can help some with craving but I have trouble believing it will increase weightloss by any substantial amount. People still can get fat off one meal a day going over goals.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Eat less than you burn. No quick way about it though.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    HutchA12 wrote: »

Calm down your yelling. Sure intermittent fasting can help some with craving but I have trouble believing it will increase weightloss by any substantial amount. People still can get fat off one meal a day going over goals.

He has 2 words in all-caps and that is a "calm down your yelling?" NOTHING (sorry for the caps) increases weight loss more than CI/CO. He was just suggesting something that worked for him, and for me.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    clobern80 wrote: »
    HutchA12 wrote: »

He has 2 words in all-caps and that is a "calm down your yelling?" NOTHING (sorry for the caps) increases weight loss more than CI/CO. He was just suggesting something that worked for him, and for me.

There are also two exclamation marks after those two all-capped words. "The exclamation mark (Commonwealth English) or exclamation point (American English) is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or high volume (shouting), and often marks the end of a sentence. Example: 'Watch out!'"

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exclamation_mark
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Cut off a limb.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    "Quicker" often backfires when it comes to weight loss. Take a deep breath, choose a reasonable calorie goal and get started. Note the word reasonable. You want to eat in a way that's enjoyable and sustainable - so steer clear of massive restrictions.
    This.
    You'd want to aim for somethign that'll last you the rest of your life.

Most of us have weight to lose. I have 50lbs to go. I want to make sure it stays off this time. Slow and steady does win the race. Some here have lost the weight and kept it off....listen to their advice. :)

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

you can accomplish the same with a 500 calorie deficit.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Eat less calories per day than you've been eating since June 2015. Really.
    So simple. AMEN

• beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call this a faster way, but maybe more targeting fat. What helped me was increasing the speed when I run and strength training exercises along with staying within range of my daily calorie goal. When running I went from 4mph for 20 minutes on the treadmill to 5mph for 10 minutes. I noticed I was dropping weight faster and more consistent after I started doing those things.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options

If macros are the same and calorie levels are the same, it doesn't matter if you IF or eat 6 meals a day. It will literally have NO impact on weight loss. All the matters if that you have greater periods of lipolysis than lipogensis.

OP, set a moderated deficit and work on a sustainable plan.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Focus on losing weight period, not losing weight quicker.

In order to lose, you need to have a calorie deficit, which means consuming fewer calories than you burn. Do that by eating less, moving more, or a combo. Have a reasonable calorie deficit. For 28 pounds (2 stone) that's .5-1 pound per week. It will likely take you 6+ months to do this.

Yesssssss. Especially, "reasonable deficit." The only reason I was able to lose weight with MFP (and keep it off) was because I started with a reasonable deficit.