Independence Day from the Old You

Options

Replies

• jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    In the immortal words of Myron Cope (yunz from Pittsburgh know who Im talkin bout) DOUBLE YOI!!!!!!!

That friggin workout was hard!!!

4 sets of double cleans, military presses, front squats, push presses, and more front squats 5 reps each per set.
    So, it was only 100 reps but it was brutal, had to put down the bells in the middle of the last 3 just to make it. This is gonna be challenge on heavy day. But I didn't swear, I grunted and struggled but will do better next time! Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Jay
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I had what I will call a little bit of a dietary malfunction last night. I only had 63 calories or so left, and decided that a little sugar free ice cream would fit the bill. I really only intended to have two or three bites since I did not have enough cals left for a full serving, and all of a sudden a third of the container was gone! But here's the good news: it was accidental, not intentional. And it was diet ice cream, and so the damage was probably only about 500 calories, instead of like 1000-1500. The funny thing is, with as much as my personal life has changed, all of that self destructive binge behavior is gone. I mean, I still messed up and overate, but it wasn't a decided stuff my face marathon. And I had no problems being on track today.

I made a fun plan for boot camp tonight, since Fridays are supposed to be game night. The weather looks like it's supposed to storm, so hopefully we don't have to call it a wash out. I need a plan for tomorrow morning's class yet. It's a 7:30 AM class, and will probably only be 1-4 people. So I may just do a park circuit on the fly depending on how many people show up.

On the work front I got a call today for an interview Monday morning at an office that is 5 minutes from my house. So that has good potential. I feel like everything is coming together!
  • tattoodfreek
    Options
    In the immortal words of Myron Cope (yunz from Pittsburgh know who Im talkin bout) DOUBLE YOI!!!!!!!

That friggin workout was hard!!!

4 sets of double cleans, military presses, front squats, push presses, and more front squats 5 reps each per set.
    So, it was only 100 reps but it was brutal, had to put down the bells in the middle of the last 3 just to make it. This is gonna be challenge on heavy day. But I didn't swear, I grunted and struggled but will do better next time! Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Jay

I love this Jay. You are a beast!
  • tattoodfreek
    Options
    checkin in.

today was my official rest day because i needed it but would have loved to have hit the treadmill and burned my anger off as today was horrific. personal life is nonsense right now. :(

Nutrition: still avoiding fast food staying under my cals blew my fat tho! :( my goals and nutrition are kinda mixed together)
    Exercise: rest day today back to the gym tomorrow!
    Goal: Drank my water another day of not drinking anything else but water. :) I have Widmer Bros beer in th fridge LOL funny how i kinda forget about them.

things have got to get better. this lil challenge is really pushing me to stay on point and keep to my self promises. so thanks for that :) its a positive distraction.

Hope everything is going okay for you Bobbi! I know personal junk can be such a distraction from everything else that matters that we should be worrying about. If you need an ear, please feel free to message me!
  • tattoodfreek
    Options
    Just checking in... everything is going good with my diet and workouts!!! So far ive also keep up my new habit of the Dead Sea Salt exfoliating each day and man my skin is feeling soooo soft from it!!! Love it!!! Today was Asylum Strength and man that one bout got the best of me today.... seems like we just did that one.... oh wait we did Sunday!!! Anyways i did it with 20lbs Sunday and today i did it half with 20lbs and half with 15lbs because i just felt so wiped out!!! Thank God tomorrow is a Rest Day because i think my body is crying for one!!! Saturday we have a 5k we are running and that just so happens to be Game Day and Overtime as well!!! GREAT!!! We decided we will run a slow steady pace and not push too hard since we have that killer workout to do, and then of all things the hardest workout to me Vert Plyo is Sunday!!! What was Shaun T smoking when he came up with this schedule!?!?!? Anyways hope you all have a good weekend and if i survive mine i will catch up with you all on Sunday or Monday!!! ;-)

Gigi, your level of dedication and endurance is just amazing. You constantly impress me with your hard work, girl! Good luck at your race! Do you get nervous?
  • tattoodfreek
    Options
    OK, time to face up for last night.

I got wasted (on like 5 beers.... seriously - I'm such a lightweight it's pathetic.) and partied. I warned the kids on tour that the old Steve was coming out to play and they all better get ready. Man, it was fun. My nutrition has been:

Mon: (rest day)
    Breakfast: Meaty Omelet
    Dinner: Carb Up buffet. Mildly ugly.

Tue: (ran 3 miles)
    Fasted all day - just water and coffee

Wed: (lifted StrongLifts 5x5)
    Breakfast: 2,200 calorie Eggs/sausage/bacon/fruit - post lifting workout
    Dinner: 10 grilled chicken wings at night. (and 5 light beers)

Thu: (Asylum Cardio)
    Lunch: Meat omelet - post cardio
    Dinner: 5 Double Stack burgers - no bun
    Dinner 2: 3 Double Cheese burgers and side salad - no bun

Perfect numbers today.

Tomorrow I have lifting scheduled. I really can't wait to cook for myself and workout in my gym again. It feels like way too long!

No diet soda yet - 4 days down.

That is a most excellent confession, and yet, so not that bad at the same time ;). Hope you're enjoying being back home! I hate having to eat when I travel too.
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    Hey all. I missed yesterday sorry for that. Really long day and late night at school and was too tired when I got home. Food was good though...sugar low.
    Today was a bit different. Sugar fine but not happy with macros. Did a kind of date thing. ..Aranged to go for something to eat and ended up with pizza. I never eat it anymore but have to say it was nice. Back to being a protien princess tomorrow.
    Keep salt scrubbing, logging, not swearing, writing, exercising etc p
    people!!! Xxxxx
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Nutrition: Doing well...went to the store today to stock up on produce again.
    Exercise: I did my first day of 6 week 6 pack (Jillian Michaels). I'm really hoping to see some major results 'cause my abs are definitely an issue. Being a size 6 is all fine and dandy, but it doesn't do me much good if I still have a muffin top.
    Goal: I doubled my exercise goal. Honestly, my 15 minute goal was set because I knew it was about all I could attain in my last 4 days of work before summer break. Now that I'm on break I should be able to do 30 or more a day. My ultimate summer goal is to lose another 2+ inches off my waist. Fingers crossed.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    last night:

Nutrition: no fast food but snacked like a crazy person. went over on my protein and fiber but i'm not worried about it :)
    Exercise: hit the treadmill hard last night and felt good for it! :) Thank you Missy Misdermeanor Elliot for gettin me through!
    Habit: drank my 64oz (actually it was 128oz before I had my beer :p

today is going to be a hard day. gotta concert tonight and lunch being bought by work so yeah.
  • KickassYas
    Options
    checkin in.

today was my official rest day because i needed it but would have loved to have hit the treadmill and burned my anger off as today was horrific. personal life is nonsense right now. :(

Nutrition: still avoiding fast food staying under my cals blew my fat tho! :( my goals and nutrition are kinda mixed together)
    Exercise: rest day today back to the gym tomorrow!
    Goal: Drank my water another day of not drinking anything else but water. :) I have Widmer Bros beer in th fridge LOL funny how i kinda forget about them.

things have got to get better. this lil challenge is really pushing me to stay on point and keep to my self promises. so thanks for that :) its a positive distraction.

Hope everything is going okay for you Bobbi! I know personal junk can be such a distraction from everything else that matters that we should be worrying about. If you need an ear, please feel free to message me!

i really appreciate the support LOL had to call the government and yell at them and boom payment in the mail. i'm awesome. LOL it all ebbs and flows :)
  • gailosborne
    Options
    Hey everyone. Did fartlek training today, it was hard going for some reason but I gritted my teeth and kept going. Did some work with a bit of weights after. Back on track foodwise sugar below again.
    I posted put some photos on my profile from the 10 weeks to june thread. I am definitely looking leaner.
    Keep going friends...have a great Saturday!!!! X
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Hello guys!!!! I survived my crazy day today!!! The Alligator Trot 5k, Game Day, & Overtime are now behind me, Thank you Jesus!!! Glad i dont have days like this often!!! As far as everything else goes i guess things are fine!!! I was over on calories last night but we were carbing up for the race so im fine with that!!! Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend and staying on course!!! ;-)
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    Way to go ladies. Rest day for me but man was it busy. Funeral mass, Tae-Kwon-Do test a few hours to catch our breath and just got home from Ameila's dance recital. Talk to you later im beat.
  • gailosborne
    Options
    Sounds like we all needed a good rest day!!!
    I've had one today and my eating was spot on. Sugar fine!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    No rest for the Insane... We have Vertical Plyo on the books for today!!! But 1st im taking a nap!!! :yawn:
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Forgot to check in yesterday. All is going well, except for how I feel. I made A LOT of polenta lasagna the other day and refused to let it go to waste (why didn't I freeze it???) and now I feel bloated and gross from 3 days of eating it. I made a simple and clean chicken soup for dinner tonight and am hoping that will start to flush out my system.

As for my exercise goal, I have a few more hours to make good on my 15 minutes. Hopefully once I get started I'll go a lot longer.

Because I'm a teacher, the summer is spent with my kids 24/7. Damn, they're exhausting. And I feel like I've been doing dishes all day. Plus, the beautiful Pacific-NW is stuck in early spring conditions...a whopping 61 degrees for a high today...gray, cloudy, drizzly. Yuck. Not exactly the motivation I need to get up and go. I'd rather curl up on the couch with a cup of tea and a good book (which I've totally done more than once today).
  • tattoodfreek
    Options
    Feh, over ate yesterday. But, had very little appetite today and am way under calories. The gym owner left me a message tonight and they are going to give me my own boot camp location, but they won't have it organized until August/September. In the meantime they may add me as another trainer to their existing boot camps since they are getting so big. That's just too spotty of a guarantee for my liking, so I'm not counting on anything.

On the plus side, I have another interview in the morning for a payroll position, and it could turn out good. I decided since I'm interviewing that I should have a new professional outfit, since I've outshrank all of my office clothes. So I went to Kohl's and got a smokin black Vera Wang dress, shoes, and some awesome jewelry on clearance. A new outfit for the new me :)
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    Rest day again today and looking forward to kettlebell workout tomorrow. I have been a tad over on my calories the past few days. Good though cuase im trying to put on that muscle stuff right, lol.
  • KickassYas
    Options
    broke down and asked for help in the forums with my situation. got alot of really good info from MFP and its users to help me more with my choices. :) i feel like its time i make better choices and i'm on the right path to do so :)

Nutrition: didn't have fast food but was taken to a lil hole in the wall restaurant where i ordered a pollo asada burrito and found it was made right in front of me LA style some of the freshest ingredients i've seen yet! soo good. slept through breakfast and planning on having some ground turkey cooked with a lil olive oil and mexican queso fresco before bed. :)

Exercise: going to be blatently honest... went to the japanese gardens with a guy i went on a few dates with about a year ago ... yeah did lots of walking and then yeah *blushblushblush*

Habit: 50 oz down 50 to go thank you 2 giant smart water bottles LOL nothing else to drink. :) its been a good day.

i'm so proud of all of you kickin *kitten* on this challenge! :)
  • GiGi76
    Options
    Feh, over ate yesterday. But, had very little appetite today and am way under calories. The gym owner left me a message tonight and they are going to give me my own boot camp location, but they won't have it organized until August/September. In the meantime they may add me as another trainer to their existing boot camps since they are getting so big. That's just too spotty of a guarantee for my liking, so I'm not counting on anything.

On the plus side, I have another interview in the morning for a payroll position, and it could turn out good. I decided since I'm interviewing that I should have a new professional outfit, since I've outshrank all of my office clothes. So I went to Kohl's and got a smokin black Vera Wang dress, shoes, and some awesome jewelry on clearance. A new outfit for the new me :)

That is Great Jess, and i want a pic of you in that new outfit!!! ;-)