Gastric Sleeve

Options
Add me if you've had or are thinking about having weight loss surgery :-) Would love to connect.

Replies

• LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have not had it, but this is a very active MFP group: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband
  • blueyedwench
    blueyedwench Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'd add you but I don't know how! Had sleeve on 9/30.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I had the VSG eighteen months ago. I have a whole new life now. I second the recommendation to join the group.
  • kjnaekel
    kjnaekel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just had the VSG on February 9th. I'm 3 days out and doing very well. I had a hiatal hernia repair at the same time. I've now switched to the full liquid diet, but it takes a while to get in a full 64 oz each day. The focus is on the consistency of the liquid rather than the quantity. I'm drinking Pure Protein, Dannon light & fit yogurt smoothies and Ultima Replenisher for a natural electrolyte supplement. This was the best decision I've ever made!
  • annglenn
    annglenn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That is why I was referred to a bariatric surgeon because of needing hernia repair. This hernia has been repaired 5 times now & my hernia surgeon says that I need to lose a lot of weight quick in order for a hernia repair to work. He recommended gastric bypass. However the bariatric surgeon says it depends on if she can lift the hernia in order to do that surgery. Otherwise she will have to do the sleeve. So right now I am at the beginning of the process. So I am waiting on a call back to start nutrition classes. And my therapist is getting a letter ready for me.
  • annglenn
    annglenn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    How do I go about joining this group?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options