2016 Adopt a Noob Official MFP Thread

Options

Replies

• Pulse22
    Pulse22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm a 19 y.o female 'noob' looking for a mentor to give me purely nutritional advice and/or recipes (preferably vego).

I've been a runner and surfer since I was 16 in addition to doing free weights at my uni gym. Unfortunately my eating habits have been quite atrocious over the years due to my 'who cares' or 'I'll burn it off anyway' attitude. However, now I've come to the conclusion that the late nights and bad food are affecting my general physical performance. If anyone could shoot me an occasional recipe URL that would be awesome.

Cheers :)
  • kohlbri8
    kohlbri8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would be interested in a mentor. I am a 27 yr old mom of 3. I am not horribly out of shape, but not as healthy as I would like either. I would like to lose about 10 pounds, but more have some fitness ability goals I would like to work towards. Right now I am focusing on almost totally bodyweight exercises. I would like to find someone who can challenge me, and encourage me as I go. If anyone is interested I would sure appreciate it. Thank you.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Thanks for volunteering to mentor! @kohlbri8 We have added you to the list!
  • annebenson96
    annebenson96 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can gladly be a mentor for anyone who isn't perfect and isn't trying to be. They just want to be better than they were yesterday. I have lost almost 34 lbs and I have done so by just eating less and moving more. I am on mfp multiple times a day and I prelog 2 weeks at a time. I try to answer any questions I can and motivate all my friends on a very consistent basis. Checking in on those who don't log in for a few days in a row.
    How do you pre log foods 2 weeks ahead of time? what if you go out to eat I go to a bday party and have a small peace of cake?

• annebenson96
    annebenson96 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can someone if they want. I lost over 100 pounds but I am back on bc I got to lazy and stoped keeping track.
  • RoughtonBS
    RoughtonBS Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a mentor type person for some extra motivation.

A year ago, I was able to drop 30lbs, but gained it back between July and Oct '15 when I lost my local "support" group. I'm not new to MFP, but could use a "helping hand" on making sure I'm eating right and not wasting my time at the gym. I think I've got a good workout plan, but am willing to learn / try new things. I'm interested in communicating on a regular basis on things that I should / could adjust.

My goals are to build lean muscle and trim the waist line. I'm not too worried about the dreaded weight number as long as I look healthy again and build strength.
  • Awkward_LifeViews
    Options
    I'm definitely a noob.... So here is me;

My name is Ashtyn. Growing up my family was never really healthy... I was put on medicine that made me swell up as a kid and once off them I never lost the weight. I'm 21, will be 22 in February which marks my first year of marriage. That's mainly why I want to start getting healthy. I show many signs of pcos. But I want to loose weight before I get treated so if while being treated if I become pregnant I will have less of a chance of having a miscarriage. I'm currently doing the 30 day omnihealth shake challenge to get me kind of started. Not the best choice I know. It's super hard for me to loose weight. So yea. I can tell more if needed....
  • rachelrae74
    rachelrae74 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've tried sending pm's numerous times to clairew931 but they won't send. Could you please message me :-)
  • mnshanbhag
    mnshanbhag Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Noob here, would be great to have a mentor!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I would love to be a mentor. I have a simply diet, which involves choosing the healthy option the majority of the time. For me that means aiming for clean (less processed) and low-carb when possible, but it also allows me to have treats when I really want them. I discovered a passion for exercise in January 2015 and it has made all the difference to my life. I train hard in various things and currently compete in Epee Fencing and Brazilian Jui Jitsu and I might add Judo this year. If that sounds intimidating, really, it shouldn't be. I compete because it is fun and pushes me to improve myself, I'm really not very good! When I started last year my fitness was terrible and although I'm far from perfect, I love seeing the improvement. I love encouraging people...

I live on the coast of the amazing South Africa and work in a zoo (reptiles and seals are what I work with mostly). I have no human children, but a Lab, a Siamese and a Ball Python. I am passionate about many things, including my walk with God.
  • thook02
    thook02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    would love a mentor!
    I'm 18, 5'1, and 135 pounds. I am a healthy weight, I just want to lose some belly fat and get some muscle.
  • TJH2
    TJH2 Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    anyone still looking for a noob? Looking to lose 150lbs and get into a healthier routine
  • raulsgirl75
    raulsgirl75 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Any vegan or vegetarian mentors?
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Any vegan or vegetarian mentors?

I'm willing to be a mentor ... I'm not super strict but I've been mostly vegetarian for a few years and this month (January 2016) have been eating 100% vegan. I am not a protein pusher and ascribe to more of the plant based diet as promoted in the China Study and How to Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease and I love the Happy Herbivore cookbooks. I am not an expert but I'm willing to give it a try. I still have more progress to make too so I'm not perfect but I do feel like I have enough experience to help a noob out!
  • raulsgirl75
    raulsgirl75 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sounds good . I would love you to be my mentor.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Happy to adopt more noobs or anyone who would like to be adopted. almost finished my personal trainer's course now.
  • Patrieee
    Patrieee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm available to be mentor. I'm 30, recent grad school grad, live in Canada. I do a lot of home fitness programs, meal prepping, and run when the weather is nice.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a mentor if my experience can be useful for someone!

I'm a 30 yo female (5'5.4") and went from 142 lb to 117 lb (current weight). I admit it's a very long process (around 14-15 year) for me to get to my current situation, and there were some periods of time I call tiny failures, but otherwise my weight-loss/ fitness experience so far is pretty smooth as expected. I don't regret starting early as a teenager (I see "reading nutrition labels" as the point I started) and I'm really happy to see myself improving every year throughout the past 10 years.
    Using features on MFP is so far a good experience for me and I have my overall workout & nutrition plan changed (although not completely) to something the old me from 14 years ago wouldn't imaging. I used to do only intense cardio and thought I can eat whatever I want (and hate logging). Apparently that's not the case now! I'm still learning a lot from many experienced folks here, but I hope my personal tips and tricks (and sweats and tears) can be helpful for beginners since I'm no longer a beginner :)
  • crottsra
    crottsra Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can someone adopt me! So I have lost 29 lbs thus far and plan to lose an additional 50lbs. I am not doing any fad diets etc, but have been keeping track of carbs, calories, and fats. Overall I want to make a permanent diet change and eat healthier. Not to mention have an amazing butt and rocking stomach. Right now i have the wind in my shoes and feel super motivated, but I need someone who is going to keep me motivated when the going gets tough! I'm 5ft9in sw: 232, cw:203, goal: 150-155.
  • JadeRoatch
    JadeRoatch Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a mentor I'm a mom of 3 kids with slight difficulty with my neck I go into surgery February 18 to have yet another fusion being I broke it in 2007 and my disk is gone my hubby doesn't really help matters he thinks I'm perfect but I was at 209 at one point being that I was really bad with depression in on meds now lost 5 lbs just being on meds now I'm working at getting more gone today I was 196.8 so very happy but someone to lean on would be great
This discussion has been closed.