Can't hit macros

Options
Is anyone having troubles meeting their macros? I'm always low on carbs, cals, and protein. It's just getting me frustrated now.

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have challenges hitting one of three, not usually all three. An idea of what you are eating would be really helpful. Opening your diary would also be.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    eat more
  • asimms221
    asimms221 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I never hit them perfectly, but I try to get as close as possible.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    How off are you? Like missing by 3 grams is rather different than being off by 25. Even 25 of might not matter depending on your settings and your goals.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about carbs, but protein and fat are minimums. If you've still got calories, simply eat more to hit your goals. Fiber is also very important and you should try to hit it as well.

You can prelog your day to see what works.
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Chobani greek yoghurt mixed with strawberry protein powder helps me hit my protein macros. Lentils, beans and chickpeas are also great for hitting macros especially fibre carbs and protein.
  • jaytrumbull686
    jaytrumbull686 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is where supplements are good... I also come up short so I take strict sups
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    This is where supplements are good... I also come up short so I take strict sups

No. Or can you tell us what you take?
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Worry about hitting your cals first... I mean getting to your goal or close to it... Once you get that in line, then start tweaking your meals to get closer to your macros. I'm having trouble with them myself, but slowly and surely, moving closer. I am having trouble with protein mostly but finding more and more changes I can make to get them closer to my goal.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Is anyone having troubles meeting their macros? I'm always low on carbs, cals, and protein. It's just getting me frustrated now. [/quote
    Calories aren't a "macro". Get those.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat more food to reach your calories.
    Eat enough protein and fat.
    Carbs do not matter one way or another.
  • CTRLplusZ
    CTRLplusZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Are there certain types of foods you cannot or are choosing not to eat with your current plan?

I find it easiest and most effective to prepare most of my food on Sunday for the week and eat the same meals throughout the week. Also when i build my meal plan i always start with the protein sources, then the fats and finish with the carbs as those are easier to increase or decrease to fit your macros.

Depending on your goals I personally feel that all of your macros are important, even your carbs.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Pre log
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Macros are easy to hit. Most folks just choose the wrong ones! ;)
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Bumping this thread because "me too".

Hitting a squishy calorie target, not so hard. Hitting macros, not so easy.

Trying to get 1300 w/30% protein/30% fat. I find it easy to go over on fat, tough to get all the protein.

First few days I didn't have enough carbs to have popcorn at night...had yogurt, beef jerky. Today tried to conserve carbs. Now tonight I can have popcorn, but still need yogurt too and I will be under 1300.

I understand about pre-logging. I tend to just standardize some meals instead since dinners and weekends need to flex.