Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Um...Anything? What do you like?
  • a4chase1
    a4chase1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruits and veggies! All kinds. Try Organic locally grown if possible but get what you have available to you. Mix things up. Try things different from what you've had. You'll be surprised. Keep it simple, think basics. Try to eat things in their natural state. I'm currently changing my family's nutrition and implementing meals based on the Paleo diet lifestyle. I love bread and pasta and beans (I'm Italian) so eliminating these items is a slow process. But I infuse new veggies, fruits, nuts, etc. a couple items every several weeks to counter the urge. It's working to. Plus having a workout plan keeps you motivated and in check. I also mix up my cardio, strength training, yoga/Pilates and barre ballet routines to keep me on my toes and my body engaged. Just my thoughts. Stay strong in mind and body.
  • robinotl
    robinotl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    a4chase1 is right. In all honesty, you can't get any easier than fruits and vegetables in their natural (raw) state. Really, wash it and eat it, maybe slice them up, etc. Also, raw nuts and seeds are easy, healthy foods (in moderation as a little can add a lot of calories, so measure these out). Water. Green tea. These are the easiest healthy choices you can make.
  • 2catsand
    2catsand Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Adding veggies to every meal helps me stay in my daily calorie goal. I'm new to getting back in shape and the steam in bag veggies help me because they are easy. They have so few calories and help me from over eating the foods I don't need to be eating. Getting fruit and fresh vegetables and washing them all at once so they are ready to go instead of as you need them helps. High protein and high fiber foods make you feel full, I like cottage cheese for low cal protein, veggies and grains will give you the fiber. Read packages on bread/ English muffins (I gotta have my carbs :) ) pick the lowest calorie and least processed ones you can and use a light/ olive oil butter. I also cook chicken and keep it in the fridge to slice up and add to whatever I make. All I have to do is make some rice and nuke some veggies and I have a meal for now and one for later. I also drink a smoothie every day because it's yummy and makes me feal healthy to get as much fruit and vegetables in as I can. I use frozen fruit and juice water and add a little water (because juice has so much sugar/ calories) Just measure it the same every time and save it in your food tacker.