OMG... Is Sugar really this hard to avoid?

Options
Anyone else amazed at how difficult it is to avoid sugar well enough not to exceed your daily target value? I have to be fanatical about reading labels and avoiding even more than a few pieces of fruit to stay within my goal.

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh it's impossible. I'm always waaaaaaay over my sugar. It's hard with what the automatic setting gives. Especially when eating fruit.
  • Koalaboo
    Koalaboo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I ALWAYS go over. It's understandable when I've had a Coke or something like that, but when it's just fruit? Sheesh...
  • babycakeslucyloo
    Options
    i dont count sugar or carbs or protein or anything only calories is that bad? lol but it works :-) x
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Mmmm tasty tasty natural sugar. *And not a f*** was given that day*
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I can't live without fruit, so I'm constantly over my sugar goals. I think as long as you avoid all the added sugars from processed foods, you should be ok!
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one questioning whether the sugar goal is realistic or not. A big pile of grapes with lunch put me over my sugar limit for the day already -- I have a hard time believing that my innocent little grapes are actually evil.

I have noticed, though, that different fruits have very different sugar levels. The raspberries I'm eating with my grapes aren't nearly so bad. Has anyone found fruits that are low enough in sugar to eat the recommended three servings of fruit a day or whatever without destroying their sugar goals for the day?
  • randykaustin
    randykaustin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I will say this... Even though I ALWAYS exceed my sugar goal. The fact that it is soooooo stringent keeps me hyper-aware of the sugar content of the foods I eat. That must be a good thing.
  • sarastark86
    Options
    I always seem to be over, even though I have cut down my fruit intake from 3-4 to 1-2 pieces a day and never eat bananas any more even though I used to have one every day for breakfast... I now have tomatoes with my breakfast and raw carrots as a snack, that helps with keep the sugars down. But it seems pretty much impossible not to go over for me anyway.