80/10/10 Vegan Lifestyle - Anyone want to join me?? :)

Options
I'm vegan and I am really struggling with staying consistent with a high carb, low fat, vegan lifestyle. I usually am really good for breakfast and lunch, but when it's dinner time I tend to overeat way more than I should. I'm not being very good at intuitively eating.. and instead I'm eating with my mind.

Would anyone like to join me and hold each other accountable? There is no one else in my life right now who is vegan, or carrying on the 80/10/10 lifestyle of eating essentially whole foods high in carbs, like fruits, starches, veggies and eating low in fats and animal protein.

I used to be crazy with myfitnesspal. I used to be obsessed. I don't ever want to be in that situation again where I was completely eating with my mind and not intuitively. The reason why I'm back however is I want to make sure that as I adapt to this new lifestyle, I'm getting enough nutrients in my food. I sort of wish that the calories wouldn't be listed, because I really only care about the percentage of carbs and fat and protein that I will be eating. Nonetheless, it is what it is!

It would be so nice to have a pal on myfitnesspal who is wanting to adopt this new lifestyle with food :).

All the best to everyone on this site though!

Replies

• jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm vegan and aim for around 80/10/10 although it's usually more like 70/15/15. Feel free to add me :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Your macros are perfectly backwards. Change to 20/20/60. Then you can be healthy.
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am vegan :) I don't really follow 80/10/10 but you can add me if you want.
  • selflove929
    selflove929 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »

Thanks so much! I will join this group :).
  • selflove929
    Options
    jessypug wrote: »
    Hey I'm vegan and aim for around 80/10/10 although it's usually more like 70/15/15. Feel free to add me :)

Just did!
  • selflove929
    Options
    Melmo1988 wrote: »
    I am vegan :) I don't really follow 80/10/10 but you can add me if you want.

Just did! :)
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, 80/10/10 :)
  • julianneenna
    julianneenna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too! I just started raw till 4/ 80 10 10 and I've been vegan since summer and vegetarian since I was 11. :) add me
  • cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I was 80/10/10 vegan for around a month. I enjoyed it, but I became intolerant to bananas (they give me horrendous stomach cramps now!) and it was very time consuming :(. Read 80/10/10 by Douglas Graham. I found it to be an excellent tool.
  • 805_blondie
    805_blondie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it, add me :)
  • tanyaltrl
    tanyaltrl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I added you! Been high carb vegan since Apr 2014, RT4ish mostly, but these colder months have been starch solution. My story is on my profile once we're friends
  • selflove929
    Options
    Me too! I just started raw till 4/ 80 10 10 and I've been vegan since summer and vegetarian since I was 11. :) add me

Awesome! Have you been eating a LOT of calories everyday? Or just eating normally, but just 80/10/10?
  • selflove929
    Options
    cosmo_momo wrote: »
    Good luck! I was 80/10/10 vegan for around a month. I enjoyed it, but I became intolerant to bananas (they give me horrendous stomach cramps now!) and it was very time consuming :(. Read 80/10/10 by Douglas Graham. I found it to be an excellent tool.

Thanks for the tips!
    Sorry to hear about your banana sensitivity now. I've been eating bananas mostly in the morning, but I can't eat more than maybe 3 a day. I know there are these 'banana diets' but I don't think I could do that.. haha!
  • selflove929
    Options
    tanyaltrl wrote: »
    I added you! Been high carb vegan since Apr 2014, RT4ish mostly, but these colder months have been starch solution. My story is on my profile once we're friends

Awesome! I read your story. I've watched videos by Freelee the Banana Girl. Just curious, are you eating 2000-3000 calories a day on the high carb, low fat vegan lifestyle?
  • MommaChica89
    MommaChica89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were vegan for a few months when we first got married. It was great for us, but we burned A LOT of calories as we didn't have a car at the time, so we hoofed it everywhere! We couldn't eat enough with the vegan diet and when eating becomes all consuming, changes need to be made.

Anyway, we really enjoyed Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Appetite for Reduction cookbook. Especially the pasta dishes. Delicious, carby, filling. :) Hope it helps!