Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Uh.....no.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    No. I can barely make it though the day chewing my 1800 maintenance calories.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea !!! I did one for I can't remember but I think I did 7 days last year and lost 8lbs and I just felt better. It helped me change a lottttt about my eating habits. I'm actually on day 3 of another one right now and I feel really good. It's not easy the first 2 days ish but now I'm totally fine. I will probably go 15. You should try it and then transition into juice everyday. They aren't joking when they say right after you drink one you feel a burst of energy. Butttttt I would NEVERRRRR EVERRRRR buy one of those pre made cleanses. Noooo. Get a cheap one on Amazon or like Walmart for like 30 or like a semi better juicer for like 50 and make your own. Those pre made are total rip offs so over priced. You could have a juicer of your own and do a like 3- 5 day fast making your recipes. For less money

Good luck

No, it's a terrible idea, unhealthy and potentially dangerous.
  • Anne_R91
    Anne_R91 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I gave it serious contemplation a lot of times! I thought it would help me get a new start by getting rid of unhealthy habits and all. I have probably in my life been tempted by a lot of bad diets. Don't feel bad about it. :)
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    you can just try a 24-36hr fast. that's nearly the same and free. just drink a lot of water.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Realize that we humans are not completely rational beings (as we like to think), but emotional primates with the ability to think rationally.

Buy some colorful fresh fruit and vegetables instead, something that appeals to your senses.
  • stazed657
    stazed657 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm totally with you on that! Always think I could do a quick fix and lose the last bit but thankfully sense kicks in and I realise it would just come back on and I'd have to do it properly! So have never caved in!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    I've done a juice cleanse a number of times during my long and varied life.

A couple of bottles of fermented grape juice can really do a number on cleaning out the digestive tract. B)

Regular juice, nope.

Cheers, h.
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I tried the fat sick and nearly dead five day challenge in the week between Xmas and new year, I lasted a day and a half, I hated it! It was truly awful. You need to buy like 15 cucumbers just for a weeks juicing among a ton of other stuff!

Then I discovered MFP on the 29th December 2015

I really wanted to reset my eating habits and lose weight and I realise that it is actually so simple now, no mystery!

I feel I was so sucked-in in the past with 'diets'. I would never ever do a 'diet' like juicing again!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I've done a juice cleanse a number of times during my long and varied life.

A couple of bottles of fermented grape juice can really do a number on cleaning out the digestive tract. B)

Regular juice, nope.

Cheers, h.
    *clinks glass*
    I really enjoy the fermented grape juice 'cleanse'!

• vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Here's my cleansing program, free of charge: if you smoke, stop it, drink moderately if you're going to drink alcohol, avoid simple sugars, eat plenty of fruits and veggies and complex carbs, eat good fats and protein sources, log your food. Guaranteed to work. :p
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea !!!

It is not even remotely a good idea.

It's not even a "meh" idea.

It's a terrible idea.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I don't really like juice. Seriously. If it's not cola or coffee I'll have water thanks. I'm also not tempted to spend money. I hate spending money with a flaming passion to outdo the devil, so anything that says "It's only x dollars!" makes my skin crawl instantly. If MFP wasn't free, my cheap *kitten* would be somewhere else that was free.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    If it's not cola or coffee I'll have water thanks.

You spelled "wine" wrong.

Speaking of...I wonder if there is a wine cleanse. I may start up my own MLM company.
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea !!! I did one for I can't remember but I think I did 7 days last year and lost 8lbs and I just felt better. It helped me change a lottttt about my eating habits. I'm actually on day 3 of another one right now and I feel really good. It's not easy the first 2 days ish but now I'm totally fine. I will probably go 15. You should try it and then transition into juice everyday. They aren't joking when they say right after you drink one you feel a burst of energy. Butttttt I would NEVERRRRR EVERRRRR buy one of those pre made cleanses. Noooo. Get a cheap one on Amazon or like Walmart for like 30 or like a semi better juicer for like 50 and make your own. Those pre made are total rip offs so over priced. You could have a juicer of your own and do a like 3- 5 day fast making your recipes. For less money

Good luck

You feel a "burst of energy" because you're not taking in nearly enough calories and then you drink some sugar and your blood glucose is momentarily improved. Of course you feel energized by that. Sort of like you feel amazing when you have a headache go away- it doesn't mean having a headache is *good* for you, just that if you feel rotten, a small improvement is going to feel more dramatic than just being in good health in the first place.

This is still a terrible idea. It doesn't make you lose weight by "cleansing" it makes you lose weight by massively restricting your calories to just juices, and since you can't (and shouldn't even if you could) maintain that forever, it teaches you nothing about how to ACTUALLY change your eating habits, so you're going to gain it back.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    If it's not cola or coffee I'll have water thanks.

You spelled "wine" wrong.

Speaking of...I wonder if there is a wine cleanse. I may start up my own MLM company.

Lol, I meant all the forms of juices:) I don't like Wine either. I know, blasphemy, dunno how I sleep at night ;) haha!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Not even remotely

Same here. And not at 25 pounds at that
    Spend the money on some nice wine instead