New quest bars...

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Has anyone received them yet? Still nothing here...

Also wondering how they compare?

Replies

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet for me either. I still have two of the version 2 quest bars (I don't know what else to call them. They're the ones that came after the original ones but aren't the brand-new formula) that I want to compare with the newest ones.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I don't have mine yet either.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This guy got some new ones and did a review: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10321096/my-thoughts-on-the-new-quest-bar

edit: just noticed OP posted in that thread! :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot I sent in for those! I think it was just last week though and they said it may take two weeks. That will be a nice surprise.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I just got mine yesterday.
  • arditarose
    Options
    VegasFit wrote: »

....and?!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    Haven't gotten mine either. I wonder what the difference will be ingredient wise.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

....and?!

I have not tried them yet. I didn't even realize it was a new recipe. I just got the email and responded.
    On a side note, I'm noticing them being carried more places now and at a reasonable price. Even at Albertson's they are $2.00.
  • Orchid4mom2
    Orchid4mom2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How do you get them?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    How do you get them?
    there was an offer for two free bars a while back. The offer expired in afraid
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

....and?!

I have not tried them yet. I didn't even realize it was a new recipe. I just got the email and responded.
    On a side note, I'm noticing them being carried more places now and at a reasonable price. Even at Albertson's they are $2.00.

Yeah but the ones they just sent are the NEW new recipe. The one being carried in stores are the ones everyone is complaining about. 2 bucks is cheap though. I've never seen that.
  • glassyo
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mine came in the mail today but I won't be trying them until next week since 1/2 a protein bar has been my early afternoon snack at work. I got the chocolate chip cookie dough and cookies and cream combo.

And I just opened the box they came in and they're back to being squishy and pliable.
  • kmac1196
    kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Got mine.

Verdict...they are different then the original but MUCH better than the last version. Taste is solid...a bit of an after taste but nothing too bad. Macros still crazy good. I was concerned about the sugar alcohols as the ones I eat had none (apple pie) or 1 (cookie dough). Now they both have 2 I think. I've had 1 bar for the last 3 days and no gastric issues.

I'll buy them again. As I've not found a comparable bar anyway (B ups were only ever FAIR).

I'm happy and I'll admit that I wouldn't have tried them if they didn't send them to me free. But....I give it a green light.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    The recipe is EXACTLY the same, they have only changed minor ratios and mixing techniques they say.

I got mine and thought, yes they taste slightly better than the previous ones. The texture is softer, however they still have a strong strange after taste and odd "cake like" texture I cannot get over. They taste fake now. Just very fake sweet reminiscent of splenda. They are mediocre protein bars now. Not fantastic, but palatable if you have nothing else to eat. I would not buy them though. All their competitors are way better (one bar, fit elite, B up, combat, etc). Sucks because I used to eat 5 a day for years of the old formula. I recently purchased 10 boxes of the old formula off a guy so that should last me a few weeks lol.

I compared them side by side. I think people on facebook who are saying they taste good/better are people who haven't had the old formula in so long they can barely remember how they taste.

All I know is they taste weird. Not the quest bars I fell in love with and I would never purchase them. I hate the overly floury cakey taste. They used to have such a nice texture and taste.

Also, I used to love cinnamon roll (my favorite) and loved how they had chunks of real almonds. They are gone and I just felt like I was eating an overly processed fake bar as opposed to real ingredients.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I ordered two bars I haven't had in a long time though, which maybe wasn't the best bet, so we'll see.
  • glassyo
    Options
    The cookies and cream is definitely softer and more pliable. No aftertaste that I can tell. It's still really good!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Just received mine 2 days ago. The ingredients are still the same so I don't understand the change (i.e. corn fiber). Does anyone know what the change was?
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Just received mine 2 days ago. The ingredients are still the same so I don't understand the change (i.e. corn fiber). Does anyone know what the change was?

Different ingredient ratios
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Got mine last week...

Tried one over the weekend - it did seem 'softer' texture-wise, but I couldn't tell THAT much different in flavor. Then again, I never was as up in arms as others about the change in the first place.