What are you looking forward to most??

Options
As I say all the time, being overweight or obese puts you in a certain frame of mind. You know your limitations, you know the stuff that you just can't do....sitting in certain chairs with arms, walking too far, trying on clothes, riding rides at an amusement park...just to name a few. I have my own personal list of things that I can't wait to be able to do. It will be a complete change for me and I look forward to it!!!

Replies

• spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to go to Six Flags and ride the roller coasters! I haven't been able to do that for over 10 years. I'm also looking forward to being able to mountain climb again, and I've been dreaming about roller skating with the kids!
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have had roller skating on my list too..I used to love roller skating when I was a kid. LOL I am sure it would be alot different now as an adult but I look forward to at least trying.
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    1. Shopping in a "Normal" Store (First Time since Childhood)
    2. Having a lot more energy to travel and do things
    3. Feel healthy for the first time in a LONG time.

And a whole bunch of other things...I just want to be Healthy and a Happier Person!
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    walk in to any store and know that I can fit into all the different styles! and not being embarassed to try on clothes with friends shopping with me!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy just buying clothes that don't have a damn "X" in the size.

I know it's only a letter of the alphabet, but I have grown to hate it!!!
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    1. The ability to pull anything out of the closet and know I will look good in it.
    2. To be able to wear shirts that have stretch material and not worry about showing rolls or back fat.
    3. To be able to maintain all of what I am doing to get to my goal.
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    not getting mad at myself for eating...
    being able to ride all the rides
    being able to shop anywhere
    getting rid of all the too big clothes. (im doing that now)

feeling better about what i see in the mirror
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Those are all on my list of things I'm looking forward to. Also, not having to pay twice the amount for an airline ticket, being able to undress in front of husband without feeling embarrassed, wearing a bathing suit for the first time in 20+ years, going swimming for the first time in 20+ years, sitting comfortably at restaurants, wearing dresses, going on long bike rides through the city, being more confident and outgoing and hopefully getting out of the house more.
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I don't want to 'cringe' inside when there is a family photo moment. I hate seeing myself as big as I am; in my mind's eye I'm still 24 and in shape. I want to be able to look in the mirror, and not recognize the face looking back at me.
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    to wear a certain type of shirt or even shorts and know that i look juts as good in them as the mannequins do!
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I was just reading a blog and it made me think of another goal...sitting in a booth at a restaurant!! I really want to be able to feel comfortable enough to buy a bathing suit and wear it lol...
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I was just reading a blog and it made me think of another goal...sitting in a booth at a restaurant!! I really want to be able to feel comfortable enough to buy a bathing suit and wear it lol...

I HATE booths at restaurants! I always feel like I need a stick of butter and a crowbar to fit in them :mad:

The day will come when they are comfy to sit in, and that day is coming soon!
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wearing a bikini and not feeling self concious.
    Knowing that im healthy
    Being able to keep up with my cousins, pushing them on a scooter, and not feeling like my heart will burst out of my chest.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    A lot of the things that I'm looking forward to have been mentioned already, but the number one thing that I'm looking forward to is being healthy enough to be able to conceive and have a baby. That is the biggest motivator to my weightloss.
  • Vendetta2300
    Options
    - To be able to shop with friends. I always shop for clothes alone, because Im so embarassed about not fitting into anything and having to go to special stores :blushing:

- To be able to go to a regular store and try on clothes. I know I will not look good in everything, but I'll take looking okay in half!!

- To not be embarassed when eating anything unhealthy in public

- To enjoy myself in physical activities like rollercoasters, kayaking, playing soccer, whatever, without having to constantly wonder if I can fit in the seats, if I will sink the kayak, or if I will die from exhaustion :ohwell:
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I lost over 80 lbs 18 months ago and then life hit me and I had stress and stupidity derail me. I would like to get back into the size 18/XL clothes that are in my closet that I was wearing! Then I will see if I can move onto a size 16 down to a 10!