Need motivation to eat healthier and exercise.

Options
staceyktm
staceyktm Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I'm 18 years old and have been struggling with my weight since I can remember. I will always start a diet and lose a few pounds but then give up to quickly. I'm at that point in my life where I'm bigger than I've ever been and just don't have the confidence anymore. I just need positive motivation to keep me on the right track and get ideas on what I should do.

Replies

• Rachx7
    Rachx7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's easier said than done. I'm going on holiday in 3 months and hardly any of my summer clothes fit :(
  • PlumplingQueen
    PlumplingQueen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It is definitely a long and difficult road, but it is doable! Feel free to add me as a friend, I would love to discuss tips and such.
  • Yellowon02
    Yellowon02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Aw! Sweet girl. You have your whole life ahead of you. Now is the time to build healthy habits. Not crash dieting or extreme programs. You want to do something sustainable.
    Look at your diet and make small steady changes.
    Find something active you enjoy and do it.
    And when you don't feel like it ... Do it anyways ;)
    Find a fitness routine you like and stick to it.
    Take your measurements. Don't rely on the scale. I would also recommend doing a fit test. (Simple!) and retake every months. Non scale victories are the best! You feel sting and motivated to keep going!
    Eventually it will become habit and you can work hard at reaching your other goals.
    I wish I had someone pushing me when I was your age!
    Dream big girlie! Xoxo
  • Yellowon02
    Yellowon02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the typos
  • soxirishfan56
    soxirishfan56 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    just get into a routine you like and stick to it. once you get in a routine, you'll be good to go.. feel free to add me.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    First of, welcome to MFP!
    Second, unfortunately you need to find strong motivation within your self first. When you know exactly why you want to change, you will be able to stay on track.
    From my personal experience, I think you should aim to be healthier and fitter. Change your habits for a healthier lifestyle. Eat balanced diet, everything in moderation, and find some activity you enjoy.
    It will be hard at first, but then you will realize it will be your habit, your way of life and it will get easier.
    Good luck, and feel free to add me :)