struggling converting to vegan..

Options
So I've been on this gluten free diet for about 3 weeks now, and I'm gradually trying to convert to vegan. I am struggling really bad with this. I'm having a hard time replacing my protein intake. It's causing me to be nauseous, have headaches, and feel weak. Anyone have any advice about ways to make it through this hump? Thanks

Replies

• Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Beans, lentils and tofu are my standard protein sources with a little tempeh occasionally. I also eat seitan but that is not gluten free. Whole grains are also good sources of protein so brown rice and quinoa are also great. Edamame or peas are also good protein sources.

Are you sure it is lack of protein causing you to feel off? It sounds like you have changed your diet quite a bit and maybe your body is adapting to the change?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    So, why are you eating gluten free and what is your motivation to go vegan?
  • LaceyD21
    LaceyD21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan at all, I love meat too much haha but try whey protein powder, I make it into a shake every morning with strawberries/blueberries etc...super good and it helps me with my chocolate cravings!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    LaceyD21 wrote: »
    I'm not vegan at all, I love meat too much haha but try whey protein powder, I make it into a shake every morning with strawberries/blueberries etc...super good and it helps me with my chocolate cravings!

Whey protein is not vegan. Whey comes from milk.
  • LaceyD21
    LaceyD21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I realized that after I wrote it haha oops!