Success witinh myself

Options
Last year I started a weightloss challenge at my gym, Sept. 15, 2014. I was excited to get in a groove again, after having some success in the beginning of 2014 in another challenge. I lost 28 lbs, and my team came in 2nd place in the challenge. So I wanted that success again, so I signed up for the fall challenge. That 15th day of September, I was ready. 4 days later my world was rocked and my mother passed away. She had a heart valve replacement on the 17th, and on the 19th she went down hill with a pacemaker, a pacemaker that wasn't doing its job. We've all seen the code call in the movies, where the team of doctors and nurses rush in, trying to save the patient. Well that is the traumatic scene that I had to endure for 47 minutes. The team trying to save my mother. 14 doctors and nurses doing everything in their power to save her. It wasn't enough.

The next 3 months my life was a blur. The weightloss challenge was no longer a priority. Just getting through the day was. I was extremely close to my mother, and at times, I had to remind myself to breathe. All I wanted to do was to cry, and would come home after work and pour myself a drink. I'm thankful for my husband, and children who made life worth living.

January 2015 came, and that's when I decided...I cannot live like that. Being sad, depressed, turning to alcohol when I thought I couldn't get through the day. My mother had everything that could be wrong with a person, wrong with her. She was overweight, heart problems, diabetes, cancer, fibromyalgia, constant pain. It was then that I realized that I could not go down the same road as her.

That is when I decided I was going to lose weight. I was going to lose weight for me, and not just because I'm competitive. See the last challenge I was about winning that challenge, and that's why I was successful in those 10 weeks. But, now, I needed to make a lifestyle change, and do this for me. Sooo....I set out to succeed, to become happy and healthy.

I turned to the gym, and running when I felt sad, which was a lot still, still is almost a year later....fast forward to today and I'm down 65 pounds! I'm succeeding for me, I'm making my life what o want it to be.

I started to run in March and I'll be running in my first half marathon in 2 weeks! When I started, I could barely run 3 blocks.

I was 3 days early but compared my measurements from last September and I'm pleased as punch.

Waist 39 to 31"
Bust 41 to 33"
butt 45 to 38"
hips 45 to 37"
thigh 26 to 21"
arm 12 to 9.5"
calf 16 to 14"

I couldn't have done this without believing in myself, and having the desire. I want to be healthy and have made this a lifestyle now. A lifestyle that I'm so happy to have found.

Thank you mfp, Iove this tool and the friends I've met on here. The only bad thing...my clothes don't fit anymore.

Thank you for reading!

Replies

• chinsinsi
    chinsinsi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Your stats improvements are impressive. It's a horrible life stage when we lose our Mum but you used your loss to reflect and learn about yourself - and then put in the hard work to bring such dramatic change. Well done.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    You have done amazingly well lass.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful story - great that you turned a difficult situation around. Your mum would be proud, I'm sure.
  • ajgordo150
    ajgordo150 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sad about your mom,but congratulations
  • quietandmildspirit
    quietandmildspirit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Isaiah 26:9 When? John 6:40 I love my mother very much,too. Sorry for your loss. JW.org
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!