Any one 5 ft and 133 pounds here? need to loose 30 pounds

Options
Hi..I workout 4/5/6 mostly 5/6 days a week doing hiit and weight lift 5-10 lbs dumbells, jog around 1 hr, I eat clean I don't drink alcohol or soda at all, limit my sugar intake and my carbs too mostly during day I eat white eggs for breakfast and lunch I have kale and veggies smoothies, but I don't loose any weight

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    I'm 5'2", started at 176 lbs and now down to 149.9. While your food choices matter for health, they do not matter for weight loss. You could eat nothing but broccoli all day and not lose weight if you eat more of it than you burn in a day. The ONLY way to lose weight, no matter what kind of food you eat, is to eat less of it. Have you input your information into MFP? It will give you an allotment of intake that will let you lose that 30lbs eating whatever you want so long as you stay within the number of calories.
  • b9007769
    b9007769 Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks @CoffeeNCardio...I was about to ask about MFP, yes I keep track on it too
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I can't give you a magic solution or any answer you probably want to hear, but here it is: You have to eat less.

At 35 years old and 5'0" your TDEE is only 1700 give or take a hundred or so depending on activity level. Your maintenance calories are less than what most taller people lose weight on. It's not fair and sort of blows but you'll need to accept it or stay at your current weight because that's not going to change. At age 55 your TDEE will 100 calories lower still. Get used to it now.

[edit] 33 pounds why? Unless you're extremely small-boned that's too much. Aim for ten or fifteen and assess from there.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    When you are short you don't get any wiggle room in your calories, especially since you're not far off from a normal bmi. You will have to weigh all you food, measure all your liquids & track your calories very carefully. Even then, it may just come off very slowly.
  • b9007769
    Options
    @flaminica,thank you, you are right my husband say almost the same if I CAN aiming for max 18 pounds but maybe I just keep it in my dream because so far nothing
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet and was close to 140 when I started. I find that 105-110 is good for me, anything lower and I look too thin. I'm back on MFP for a tune up because I gained too much over vacation and the holidays, won't do that again! Are you weighing your food? I weigh and measure everything, it really helps. Good luck, it will happen if you keep at it.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    b9007769 wrote: »
    @flaminica,thank you, you are right my husband say almost the same if I CAN aiming for max 18 pounds but maybe I just keep it in my dream because so far nothing

Don't give up.
    It all boils down to diet. If you eat more than you burn at the gym then you wont lose weight.
    You dont have to workout or even eat healthy to lose weight.
    Chances are you are overestimating the calories burned at the gym and as a result you eat more.

• b9007769
    Options
    @farmerpam1 thanks I have big bones too..I don't think I can down to 100 (after few discussion)
    I noticed I i bit muscle now, @MeiannaLee yes I won't give up..exercise and eat healthy is my life style just you know sometimes I'm tired..
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0". I started at 140 lbs and have lost almost 30 lbs now. My happy spot is between 105-110. I am quite active, and I lose on about 1680 calories a day, but I need to be tight with my logging. Once I start getting sloppy, I stop losing. It took me a year, but I have gone from a Canadian size 8-10 to a size 2.
  • xcaranicolex
    xcaranicolex Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ish ft 133 lbs trying to get to 125 or 120 by may for my wedding. I am down a total of 25 lbs through recording what I eat and some moderate exercise. (Cardio and some strength training) I kind of fell off the wagon lately and haven't been doing as much as I should. I am a little curious about what sort of calorie ranges people at my height are in.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5", 57 years old, and around 120. I haven't lost weight in a while, so basically maintaining. I tend to eat around 1200-1300 on less active days and 1600 on more active days. It's a rare day that I get to eat the 2000 calories that the "average" American eats. OP, you might find that losing even 10 lbs. and keeping up a good fitness regime will give you the look you want. I'm also a bit bigger boned and will never be a 100 lb. size 2.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Hi @b9007769 another short one here.
    Follow the nicely illustrated step by step guide that @CoffeeNCardio posted. It works.

As a small bones 5'1 woman 100-105 suits me fine if you are bigger boned you will probably look better a bit heavier.

You should, for the first about 8 lbs be able to lose 1lbs a week. After that reassess your calories ( calorie needs drop as weight drops) and decide if you want to drop them a little ( if that is an option) or weather you want to drop your weekly goal loss to 1/2 lbs a week.
    It can be really slow going when you have so little to lose, so don't give up!
    It is nice to see you are including exercise. Please remember that MFP has already taken care of your deficit in your basic calorie goal and you are supposed to eat back your calories from exercise. MFP tends to overestimate so eat back 50-75%. With such a low calorie goal you will need these extra calories for continued good health.

I lost 30 lbs eating 1200+ 115-175 of my 200 cal exercise calories. I am older than you. Hopefully you get 1250-1300 cals plus exercise.

If you are doing a weight routine, work on increasing the weight as your lifts get easier. This helps you retain your muscles as you are losing.

Cheers, h.
  • b9007769
    Options
    @xcaranicolex...me too, I'm trying to go down for my wedding reception next 4 months..I hope by then I got some result, @middlehaitch thanks.. I have to really careful with what I eat, do you see my diary? I did fitness blender programs also but i don't see any way to input calories in exersice chart and I add jog around park up hills about 1 hrs or zumba
  • b9007769
    Options
    @CoffeeNCardio...I couldn't open the file that you sent
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    b9007769 wrote: »
    @CoffeeNCardio...I couldn't open the file that you sent

You can get it if you open my fitness pal using your phone's Internet browser or opening it in your browser on your computer. If you're on your phone, just open mfp the website (not the app) and press Settings-> Request Desktop Site
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i am 25yrs old, looking to lose 33lbs.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am 36, also 5ft. Currently 148lbs. MFP has me on 1200 calories plus I am eating back half my exercise calories. About 1300 a day.

Trendweight.com says I am losing too fast. Will stick with the current plan for 1 more week. If I continue losing too fast, I will eat back more of my exercise calories.

Any fellow short ladies are welcome to friend me :)
  • b9007769
    Options
    @CoffeeNCardio thanks..yes I can open it now :)
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!