ive just started - my fitness pal- any tips for me?

Options
i have jus started this plan and im goin to track on my blackberry- i have been reading all the success stories and lots of ppl have done brill
have you got any tips for me?
what sort of stuff do u eat for ur breakfast/dinners/teas?
im on 1200 a day- as long as you stick to the 1200 cals- can u pretty much eat what u want

Replies

• jpaw1002
    jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    do not give up!! no matter how much u want to and how some days u just dont wana track, or go to the gym. do it. ull feel better. and good luck
  • dwilliam116
    dwilliam116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Also, drink a lot of water, keeps you full.
  • adellepuppy
    adellepuppy Posts: 130
    Options
    Take advantage of the social network to have support, kudos and encouragement. It matters SO much.
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    You can eat pretty much anything you want and still lose weight because MFP works in a deficit for you. I would suggest eating healthier because 1) you will be able to eat more - less calories for fruits etc 2) you will feel better and have more energy and 3) this should be a lifestyle change to help you keep the weight off and maintain....
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    well, based on your ticker, you are only looking to lose 9 lbs?
    SO my best advice is :
    do NOT do only 1200 cals a day.
    That is borderline starving and should only done by those with a LOT to lose as they have the extra fat stores to support that much of a deficit.
    When you are close to goal weight you should have your goals set to HALF a pound a week.

And no, you can't eat "whatever you want" as long as you are under your calories, because in order to be healthy, you need to get enough nutrients into your body, and going so low cal just means that everything you eat needs to be nutrient packed, whole grains, veggies, lean meats..not junk food just because it "fits". It's not doing anything for your body.
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Make sure to track everything you eat so you really know your calories consumed each day.
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    Try ditching the processed foods and get back to meals with - meat, vegetable and one carb. [like chicken breast, broccoli and potato]. This has helped me loose the weight in all the right places without losing the places you don't. Healthy eating does make a difference when combined with a good workout.

Another tip is cook all your food that you can on the weekend bag, freeze it and then you just microwave it at work to keep eating healthy and reduce the impulse food. If the food is ready it is easier to stick to the plan :happy: Best of Luck
  • vcktyrr
    vcktyrr Posts: 27
    Options
    thanx everyone- it worked out 1200 when i inputted all my details- do u fink i shdu be avin more than this then
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    if your "details" included a 1 pound or 2 pound a week goal, then yes.
    When you are close to goal you need to eat VERY close to maintenance level, and be meticulous.
    It is different than someone looking to lose 50 pounds, or 80....

you want to lose NINE.
    You should be eating LARGER quantities of GOOD nutrition and lifting heavy weights, not lowering your calories and eating junk food.

At this stage your "diet" is 90% nutrition and only 10% exercise.
    You are already considered healthy, so your body wants to stay where it is.
    You have to work HARD to convince it that it can let go of the fat that it WANTS to keep for an emergency. If it thinks you are starving and in a famine (by eating only 1200), it won't let go because it thinks you NEED that fat to survive.
    You need to convince it that there is PLENTY of nutritious food at your fingertips so it is SAFE to release its emergency fat. You can do this by EATING that food.

Make sense?
  • vcktyrr
    Options
    ye that makes sense thanx
    i fink il stick to 1200 for the first couple of weeks and try and lose maybe 3 pound then il gradually up the calories
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    i have jus started this plan and im goin to track on my blackberry- i have been reading all the success stories and lots of ppl have done brill
    have you got any tips for me?
    what sort of stuff do u eat for ur breakfast/dinners/teas?
    im on 1200 a day- as long as you stick to the 1200 cals- can u pretty much eat what u want

Just one bit of advice: keep at it. Dont beat yourself up too much when you fall off the wagon from time to time, just get back on and keep going.
  • lanie25
    lanie25 Posts: 42
    Options
    # 1 Remember, if you bite it, write it! I try to not eat after 8 at night, so to avoid those late night munchies, I post my calories and exercise for the day at eight. I'm done for the day. Period.

#2 If you are allowed 1200 calories a day, that doesn't mean you NEED to EAT 1200 calories a day! Staying slightly under will get you to your goal that much faster!

#3 Log in daily. Other folks are here to help you, and you'll help others.

#4 Don't get discouraged if the weight doesn't come off quick enough for you! It took a while to put it on, it will take a while to take it off.

#5 Have fun doing this! Join a gym, head outside to walk, use wii fitness, etc.

#6 Believe in yourself. You've taken the first step of many. You WILL be successful!!!
  • vcktyrr
    Options
    if you bite it, write it- thats a gud one- il keep that one in mind
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!