Has everyone on here lost their weight through this or through a diet programme as well as :)

Options
chinny88
chinny88 Posts: 93 Member
Has everyone on here lost their weight through th

Replies

• steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I lost weight just through this.... essentially just being accountable for what i put in my mouth, no special diets or foods. I stopped after dinner binges of junk food that was the biggest thing.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Just mfp.
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just MFP
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I lost body weight though MFP.
    I was monitoring my calories manually and then I found MFP tool. It was a great discovery for me. It makes eating at calorie deficit easier. And I can monitor my macros too, bonus :D
    I lost 16 pounds in 10 months. I am on maintenance now
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • sliminby60
    sliminby60 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just started january 14 with MPF just use this and walk 2 day a week for 30 minutes have lost 8 pounds so far
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I lost 90lbs over the course of four years with MFP. (I gained 20 of it back in 2014 when I got pregnant with my third child; I've got less than 15 to get back to pre-baby weight.)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Just MFP
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Just MFP.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP to help me both lose weight and retool my eating habits for more sustainable, long-term health. There have been times where I've been tempted to make things more simple by letting someone/some program decide what I needed to eat and/or cook for me. When I was in the middle of a massive job transition, I used a meal delivery service for about 2 months. However, I figure it's more affordable and more consistent for me to learn to manage these things on a day to day basis. Help from time to time makes sense, but using a program doesn't teach me how to do it myself.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    MFP and exercise. Tracking food and moving more to be healthy have really done the trick for me. I still eat what I want, for the most part, just less of it. In my experience most "special diets" are unsustainable long term.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,741 Member
    Options
    Just good ol' standard MFP Calories In < Calories Out. I logged my food, logged my exercise, reviewed what I was eating to see which things were bringing too many calories for the amount of nutrition or satisfaction I got from them, adjusted what I ate, stuck to my deficit most of the time, and didn't freak out if I went over on rare occasions. Started calorie counting (estimating) in April 2015 (SW 183), joined MFP in July and started weighing/logging food (weighed around 155 then), now at 122 and trying to settle into maintenance calories. It works.
  • chinny88
    chinny88 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Just good ol' standard MFP Calories In < Calories Out. I logged my food, logged my exercise, reviewed what I was eating to see which things were bringing too many calories for the amount of nutrition or satisfaction I got from them, adjusted what I ate, stuck to my deficit most of the time, and didn't freak out if I went over on rare occasions. Started calorie counting (estimating) in April 2015 (SW 183), joined MFP in July and started weighing/logging food (weighed around 155 then), now at 122 and trying to settle into maintenance calories. It works.

This is what I'm thinking works more for me too, the people around me have lost on things like slimming world but not stuck go it, where as this has actually adjusted my whole way of thinking

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    MFP--eating in a deficit and working out
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Just MFP
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Now I've been using MFP which I discovered on this past New Year's Eve, I realised there's no need for any special diet programme.

Lost 13lb in five weeks! Only 22 to go to get to the middle of the healthy bmi range, been sat at the same place in the overweight range for 4 years (had baby 2.5 years ago) not knowing where I was going so wrong, clearly see now lol!

Plus my dogs lost weight too with all the extra hiking we are doing!
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    MFP--eating in a deficit and working out.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I lost weight by being more mindful of my diet and increasing activity. I quit logging here after about a month but I didn't follow any specific diet.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    Just mfp for me. So far I'm down 27 pounds since Sept. 25th. I'm almost halfway there! I don't eat as much junk food as I used to, but I don't forbid it. I just usually look at how many calories it has and decide against "wasting" my calories that way. I also pay more attention to only eating when I'm hungry and not eating when I'm bored. And I've been walking with my dog every day. My dog has lost weight too!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I use MFP for my food tracking. No special diets or anything like that. I'm just careful with my food portions (using food scale) and keeping a log of how much/when I eat here on MFP.
    I use Fitbit for my activity/exercise tracking. Fitbit helps me determine how much I can eat based on my activity.