Too big clothes...what do you do?

Options
2»

Replies

• ginadaye
    ginadaye Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Amandajs232...I like your thinking! Thank you!
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    rags for after sex cleanup.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I've lost and regained so many times I have clothes ranging from size 8-24. I'm currently in the 24's. This is the LAST time I'm doing this. I'm older, smarter, and much more determined now.

As I leave a size this time I'm donating them to a local battered women's shelter. Some of these women leave with nothing but the clothes on their backs and I'll never need them again.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I donated them all - by the end of my weight loss I had stuffed five 30-gallon bags. I also took the opportunity to upgrade to better-made and more fashionable clothes instead of trying to look as invisible as possible.

I did keep two over-large shirts; I have them in my four-day GO bag as a top layer for winter clothes.
  • Cambridge727
    Cambridge727 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Donate them reward yourself with some new clothes that fit
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Mix of donations, using as rags, using when I'm working in the garage and likely to get paint or grease on my clothes, or giving to my cat for bedding.
  • Terraforcejenny
    Terraforcejenny Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Start thrift shopping; pants with spandex, and tops with similar stretchy materials, often shrink a little in the wash (I avoided saying dresses because when they shrink it's less "fitted" as a result and more likely to be a poorer fit). I suggest added these to your wardrobes; leggings if you're a lady, if you're a guy washing your jeans more often in warmer water to tighten them up.

Thrift shopping is super key if you're staying motivated; if you can afford regular new clothes, that's ok too, but in my opinion thrifting (Goodwill, Stuff, even TJ maxx) gives you the extra advantage of trying other styles and colors and fits than you may have had when you had more weight on your frame.

I think improving your body goes hand-in-hand with improved self-perception and image; this often means you're gonna be trying new things, figuring out who you are (in a sense) or trying to "be your best self", which can lead to style changes :)
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Pass them on! I keep a small closer to begin with, but the LAST thing you need is a one-person emporium of every size you've ever been... Someone needs those clothes NOW, today, and you need clothes that fit properly NOW, today.