How can you guys drink 8 cups of water in a day???

Options

Replies

• tparkin
    tparkin Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You do have to make it an effort at first...but eventually your body will want it. Every once in awhile I'll drink Perrier just for something different.
  • abillings9
    Options
    I have a hard time with this too. I'm stuck at about 6 cups a day. I really need to just buckle down and drink one more 16 oz bottle of water and be done with it.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I drink alot of herb decaf tea.

My dr says anything calorie and caffine free counts towards water.

Find different flavoring for water, wedges of fruit like:
    Lemons
    limes
    orange
    grapefuit
    Slices of cucumber

I drink alot of peppermint tea, I have tummy issues and it is one thing that soothes me.

I like cinnamon tea, hot!! I am not sure if it has caffiene, do you know?
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    The parents at my daughter's hockey tease me that there's booze in it.

I coach and my players like to tease me. They say my water bottle is attached to my right hand! ha

I have a Nalgene 32 oz bottle...and I drink about 3 to 4 of those a day. I used to never drink that much water. Maybe 16 oz tops. But since it helped me shed pounds before and keep the weight off, I'm a believer. I just make myself drink it...even on days when water just isn't tasting that great.
  • Chele615
    Chele615 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also have a larger water bottle that I keep filled at all times throughout the day. I find that I get 64 oz. at the very least and usually closer to 80 oz. of water per day just by drinking from the bigger water bottle.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I also have a larger water bottle that I keep filled at all times throughout the day. I find that I get 64 oz. at the very least and usually closer to 80 oz. of water per day just by drinking from the bigger water bottle.

:drinker: Same here. :drinker:

Just lift bottle to lips...drink. :drinker:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem as the original poster. I can only drink a max. of one nalgene bottle (32oz). I need to drink more but its hard!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I drink the 16.9 ounce bottles.

one with breakfast, one with lunch, one with dinner and one to keep at my desk to sip off of all day (I usually finish half) and another I'll keep at the side of my couch at home to sip off of in the evening (also finish about half)

That easily covers my 8 glasses!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

:drinker: Same here. :drinker:

Just lift bottle to lips...drink. :drinker:
    Same here! Except I have these cups that each hold 24 ounces. I drink at least three of them (usually more) during the day and then drink more from my water bottle when at the gym!!

You just sort of have to do it. I don't LOVE it all the time but I know how great it will make me feel.
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Me, too. I just don't WANT that much water, except when I'm exercising. I keep saying I'm going to figure out how to get more in, but I'm still delinquent in my water drinking. :laugh: If I drink too much, I end up getting up in the middle of the night having to go to the bathroom, and then I get insomnia and can't get back to sleep. I have enough trouble sleeping without an added reason to get up in the night. I bet I would feel a lot better in so many ways if I could just DO the water drinking.
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I know that I was told by my doctor that I should drink half of my body weight, that is like 100 oz of water a day. I know that I am never close to that 100 oz. I have a cup that is 32 oz and I try to get at least 2 of those at work but I do find that it is hard to drink all of that water. I have been trying to add some flavor to my water to help. I also try not to put my self around anything else like cokes, mountain dew etc.

Good luck with the drinking water!!!!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I always carry a bottle of water with me everywhere I go. I love the smart water. I get a 50 oz bottle and I try the best to get through that in one day. As long as I am getting my water and not drinking cokes etc then I am doing good for me!!!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I try and try to drink as much water as possible but at the end of the day i always drink about 4-5 cups.I am just never thirsty enough...how can i make myself thirstier or make myself drink enough water??
    It's sorta like you have to retrain your body. Increase it each day a little bit and before you know it you'll be looking forward to it. How about a water bottle sitting next to you at all times, such as on your desk at work, or home with the kids...that sort of thing.

I'm a water fanatic:laugh: I down one bottle then go grab another, I don't guzzle them but I always have one next to me no matter where I'm at. It truly does help the weight loss process...but it does take time to increase if your body isn't used to or you don't have a habit made of drinking water.:wink::drinker:

FC:heart:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'm a water fanatic

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's amusing to me how many comments I get about the amount of water I drink and how I constantly have my water bottle with me. :drinker:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i'm one of those people who are always thirsty... i usually drink 2-3 litres (64 oz-96) of water a day, sometimes more. I just crave water. i love it.
    you know what originally got me drinking this much water? i bought a big 1 litre (32 oz) water bottle - specifically this one on their main page: http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store/index.html

i made sure i filled it at least twice throughout the day. i make sure i drink the 1st litre by mid afternoon and the 2nd by evening
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Today I finally drank 8 cups since I started my lifestyle change a week ago today. i bought this new water container that holds 28 oz and I drank to of those by dinner time. It also has a little freezer back that keeps the water cold for a long time.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Today I finally drank 8 cups since I started my lifestyle change a week ago today. i bought this new water container that holds 28 oz and I drank to of those by dinner time. It also has a little freezer back that keeps the water cold for a long time.
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :wink: :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I'm a water fanatic

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's amusing to me how many comments I get about the amount of water I drink and how I constantly have my water bottle with me. :drinker:
    :laugh: I can so relate to that...most folks are now used to me carrying it everywhere I go:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    i'm one of those people who are always thirsty... i usually drink 2-3 litres (64 oz-96) of water a day, sometimes more. I just crave water. i love it.
    you know what originally got me drinking this much water? i bought a big 1 litre (32 oz) water bottle - specifically this one on their main page: http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store/index.html

i made sure i filled it at least twice throughout the day. i make sure i drink the 1st litre by mid afternoon and the 2nd by evening

Love those bottles, was just checking out the site you mentioned...definitely gonna get one! Thanks for mentioning it!:flowerforyou: :happy:
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    I will forget if I don't have a schedule to make sure I'm drinking it regularly. Here's mine (for 10 cups) - hope it helps!

Water:
    7-9am: 1
    9-11am: 2
    11-1pm: 1
    1-3pm: 2
    3-5pm: 1
    5-7pm: 2
    7-9pm: 1
  • ONAMISSION
    Options
    WILL DRINKING A LOT OF WATER REALLY HELP WITH WEIGHT LOSS??????