BMI Almost obese down to healthy in less than 3 months :)))

Options
After a miserable summer tipping the BMI chart at just over 29 I finally made the decision to get healthy. I started on September 1st and as of this morning my BMI is officially 25.0 :)) I mix up my calories with days of 1000 and occassional days of 2000. I usually aim for about 1650. I have also started doing milk fasts once or twice a week and love how I feel after :) I exercise lightly: a little swimming, a little jogging and once a week a short, kinda wimpy gym session. I feel really free and sooooo happy that this has happened so quickly. Now it's time to work on getting fit and strong, losing that final stone and then maintaining.

Just wanted to share my little triumph and say how glad I am that I made that choice back in September. Every day can make a difference - keep going all. xx

Replies

• Bizzarrini
    Bizzarrini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh and my diary is public if you want to snoop. I eat foods I like, I almost always go over on fat and I never feel hungry.
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats!
  • innes24
    innes24 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! Congratulations!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done!
  • MissyMilda
    MissyMilda Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well done! You must feel great!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    What is a milk fast?
  • Jkowals123
    Jkowals123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am in the same boat, my BMI is 29 and I am aiming for 25! Down 3.8 pounds after one day, think it is all water weight but just starting out!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Bizzarrini wrote: »
    After a miserable summer tipping the BMI chart at just over 29 I finally made the decision to get healthy. I started on September 1st and as of this morning my BMI is officially 25.0 :)) I mix up my calories with days of 1000 and occassional days of 2000. I usually aim for about 1650. I have also started doing milk fasts once or twice a week and love how I feel after :) I exercise lightly: a little swimming, a little jogging and once a week a short, kinda wimpy gym session. I feel really free and sooooo happy that this has happened so quickly. Now it's time to work on getting fit and strong, losing that final stone and then maintaining.

Just wanted to share my little triumph and say how glad I am that I made that choice back in September. Every day can make a difference - keep going all. xx

Congratulations!! :D I share the same feelings. I myself had a BMI of 31 in the beginning of June 2015, and it was 24.6 by the beginning of October. It truly IS amazing how quick the weight just melts off if you stay focused.
  • ericGold15
    ericGold15 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep on going!
  • LBL1986
    LBL1986 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I needed to read this!

Great work! Very inspiring
  • Robo_mooh
    Robo_mooh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I'm at the point where you started, bmi of just under 30! I'm aiming for 1lb a week so we'll see! Hopefully I can do it as quickly as you :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Great job on getting to 25. That is my objective but at the moment I am thankfully to finally be under 30 for nearly a year now.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's quick progress! Congratulations.

I started out at just over 30 at the end of June and I'm 23.8 as of this morning.
  • Bizzarrini
    Options
    Great to hear everyone is doing so well :) My progress has slowed right down over Christmas and New Year but still losing. Down to a BMI of 23.5 now. What should I aim for? Some days I still feel quite big.
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Why a milk fast?
  • Bizzarrini
    Options
    I wanted to try fasting twice a week but didn't want the sugar rush and subsequent slump of a fruit fast, nor did I think I could cope with the hunger of a water fast. Having one day where all I drink is whole goats milk is quite easy for me to control and manage. So I have a very low calories day (800-1000 calories) but hopefully still give my body plenty of nutrition. The milk helps me feel full and not deprived. Haven't done one for a while now though - fell out of the habit.
  • Jan123
    Jan123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How did you make your diary public? I am at a BMI of 30 and I want to get to 25. It is hard work but today is my 23 day with entering my food diary. I am down one pound but my trainer says I lost one pound of fat because I did weight training.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!