Stronger Better Faster....Jan 12

Options
Morning (yeah...not really a good one!)

I'm up at 6 simply because I can no longer breath laying down since I'm sick and I'm having pain (I think it's ovarian cyst that is showing up again)

I'm glad I logged in extra miles yesterday because it looks like I'm taking today off. I don't think calories are going to be a big deal today because I really don't feel like eating...but I'm still going to watch them like crazy! I'm staying home from school too...so today is going to be focusing on a bunch of papers I have to write for my classes. Hopefully I can really get a head start on stuff instead of the "just keeping up" that I have been doing.

Well, I hope everyone else has a good day!

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Morning (yeah...not really a good one!)

I'm up at 6 simply because I can no longer breath laying down since I'm sick and I'm having pain (I think it's ovarian cyst that is showing up again)

I'm glad I logged in extra miles yesterday because it looks like I'm taking today off. I don't think calories are going to be a big deal today because I really don't feel like eating...but I'm still going to watch them like crazy! I'm staying home from school too...so today is going to be focusing on a bunch of papers I have to write for my classes. Hopefully I can really get a head start on stuff instead of the "just keeping up" that I have been doing.

Well, I hope everyone else has a good day!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Oh Renae, I feel your pain. . .literally. I'm going in for an ultrasound to check mine on Wednesday. Hope it settles down soon.

OK, so my intention for the week is to take care of myself first. That means, I'm on a 30 minute (really short workouts for me, but beats nothing by a mile) exercise schedule and I'm doing it before I get ready to leave the house in the late morning. "Something" always happens to make sure that I can't leave the office soon enough to get my normal workout in, so I'm adapting. I'll go in a half hour later, and then stay until I'm needed (within reason. . .but I'm sure we're approaching the end. . .)

I'm aiming for yoga on Monday (today) and Friday and Shred on Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday, due to the above mentioned Dr.'s appointment, will either be a day off or a bikram day. Saturday, I'll go to the gym.

Here's my strategy:

Put the DVD in the DVD player the night before, and lay my workout clothes in my computer chair. Come and put on my workout clothes before I even have my coffee, have my coffee and then workout. So as I type this, I'm in my yoga clothes. . .

It's sort of like "pay yourself first" which is the strategy that means there's actually money in my savings account.:tongue:

If I workout with "whatever's left over. . ." I'm going broke quickly. . .

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Mornin'.
    V and Renae, take care of yourselves! I hope you both get better soon! And V I really hope that the strike is nearly over!
    Alex is still sick. I guess it's allergies since DH and I haven't caught it. Today is the only day I don't have something going on so it will be catch up day on cleaning etc. I need to spend some time with Alex too. I think we are going to start working on the alphabet and get him to recognize letters. We'll see how that goes.
    Also the wii sensor bar should be in today ( can't remember if I told you we got one for Christmas and the sensor didn't work). I think that will be my work out if it comes in early enough! If not I will try to get a "real" work out in. Still not motivated. Still don't care. But I need to do something. I'm embarrassed to go out as most of my clothes don't fit.
    So today:
    clean house
    get some kind of work out in
    spend time with Alex
    drink lots of water
    paint paint paint
    Try to have a good Monday all!
    MM

Oh and push ups and sit ups. I forgot. lol
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I bundled us up and went for a walk. It wasn't that cold outside our house (53) but the wind was blowing pretty good. I was a little concerned with having Alex out with it being so cold and windy, so we only walked 15 minutes. I am SO out of shape! I did sweat though. I logged it thinking 100 calories. 65. A big whoopee. Oh well, I did something and that's better than nothing! Now I just hope the wii sensor bar comes in! :laugh: Still need to find motivation to do push ups and sit ups. :grumble:
    MM
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Nice call Melissa. Yeah, probably too chilly for Alex but the fresh air might clear up his cold?

I did one of my 30 min bands-videos this morning before coming into work. Pulling a double today, so need to be really good about getting on gazelle tonight after restaurant. I have to balance the toning with the cardio.

And you can all slap me on the wirsts. I drank a 12 pack of mt. dew last week :devil: I'm telling you, that stuff is my weakness. But, it's gone now and I didn't have any pop at all yesterday, so I'm back on track this week.

Happy Monday,
    Arianne :smile:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Wow so I don't feel alone, today was a double job kind of day. Everyone is kind of blah! First bus driving and then working for the town in between. I did manage to walk 20 minutes around town on my lunch break. No salad for lunch though. I am feeling really tired from the snow shoeing yesterday I guess, I just don't have any get up and go. Well some exercise is better than none. Tomorrow I bring my kitty to the vets for a check up and bloodwork. Then I really have to tackle some house work because Wednesday is going to be the same as today, bus followed by town, then bus again. And we are getting this super cold front coming in. A double whammy so I won't be out on snow shoes during it. I guess I'll try my Richard Simmons( does that date me? lol) video and the treadmill so I don't have to go outside. I feel so sorry for my kids on days that are below zero. Most of them live close enough to the road to just leave the house as I get there but not all of them do. See you all tomorrow when I can talk longer. Have a good evening ladies.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    That's just too cold for existence. Back from the "valley" today - you know the place where the grow the "ruby-red" grapefruit? That's were I was - it was 66 degrees today. Got two walks in (going for a third tonight if husband EVER gets home) and yoga.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yum! Love ruby red grapefruit! With lots of sugar! Oh well fake sugar!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Welcome back. We are only frozen about 5-6 month ofin the year, nothing really(can you hear the sarcasm?)!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: See you all tomorrow. Goodnight.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I am really not looking forward to the single digits - and negative digits! - coming up later this week. Brrrrrr! I love those grapefruit, Mary - enjoy one for me.

Karen, to answer your question from a couple days ago, I work full-time as a system administrator, which means in a nutshell that I set up big computers/servers and keep them up and running. I am also trying to finally finish a master's degree in information technology that I started 7 years ago and then stalled on about 3.5 years ago because I couldn't find any faculty to sponsor my 'capstone project' (which is basically like a thesis in terms of depth and amount of work - it just happens to be a software project in my case). I finally "got started on finishing" a few months back after rounding up some faculty for my capstone committee - and now I *think* the end is in sight!

So, I am going back to it as soon as I finish this post-turned-novel. I decided to switch to doing pushups on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday since I usually go to aerobics on Mondays and Wednesdays. I made it there tonight, and got a walk in at work, too (outside even - probably the last time this week we'll want to venture out). Take care, all! :flowerforyou: