Herbalife

Options
Hi Iv been on and off Herbalife for a few years now but recently starting again I'm wanting to hear from others who are on Herbalife shakes also weath they have any medical issues but still are OK on Herbalife. I take 2 shakes a day with the protein powder

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    No. Waste of money. Over priced garbage.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    To eat for good health and proper weight is not overly complicated:

"Eat food, not too much, mostly plants."

Michael Pollan said this.
  • Trump2016
    Trump2016 Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm not averse to supplements (I take a few basics), but that product is garbage and their marketing approach is pathetic.

Your profile says you have been on and off fad diets for a while. Herbalife is a picture-perfect fad. I hope you try substituting the calories with something far better - good luck.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    But the question begs, why you are still using herbalife? It doesnt sound like it is working for you.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Herbalife may not be a Ponzi scheme. But its science is definitely garbage

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/23/5929209/herbalife-may-not-be-a-ponzi-scheme-but-its-pseudoscience

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Wetcoaster wrote: »

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/23/5929209/herbalife-may-not-be-a-ponzi-scheme-but-its-pseudoscience

^^THIS^^ (and it's probably a ponzi)
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Walmart and target. Same type of products for about a billion less dollars.
    My mom sells that junk in Florida. I won't touch it.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Walmart and target. Same type of products for about a billion less dollars.

Says the head of the Fed! She should know! <3
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

It might be considered a pyramid scheme, but it isn't a Ponzi. A Ponzi is where people invest funds on the promise of a high return of interest and older investors are paid that interest, not out of returns on investments, but from the new investments of incoming investors. The payment of interest to older investors requires an ever growing pool of incoming investors and the scheme eventually falls down.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

It might be considered a pyramid scheme, but it isn't a Ponzi. A Ponzi is where people invest funds on the promise of a high return of interest and older investors are paid that interest, not out of returns on investments, but from the new investments of incoming investors. The payment of interest to older investors requires an ever growing pool of incoming investors and the scheme eventually falls down.

You're right. A Pyramid.
  • Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I know people on mfp generally do not like Herbalife. The way i see it, many people use some sort of multivitamin, protein bars, meal shakes, or other supplements. Personally I think slim fast shakes are worse than Herbalife. But if that's what it takes for me (or you or them) to cut calories then why is that a bad thing? Maybe after some months of following a program like this then we (you, I, or them,) will either be able to replace the shakes with appropriate amounts of foods or stay on the program (forever?) and not be fat anymore. It is expensive, and that does annoy me when the distributors keep telling me I can afford to buy more products because i would buy less in groceries.. I think what is keeping me with the program at this time is that my distributors run a health club and offer free fitness workouts and with the fitness class there is support, friends, motivation, encouragement. Have you looked for a Herbalife fitness club in your area? They also offer weight loss challenges, information classes, nutrition classes, etc. All free as long as you buy a minimum of one shake a month. Same as paying a gym fee right.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Camarose79 wrote: »
    I know people on mfp generally do not like Herbalife. The way i see it, many people use some sort of multivitamin, protein bars, meal shakes, or other supplements. Personally I think slim fast shakes are worse than Herbalife. But if that's what it takes for me (or you or them) to cut calories then why is that a bad thing? Maybe after some months of following a program like this then we (you, I, or them,) will either be able to replace the shakes with appropriate amounts of foods or stay on the program (forever?) and not be fat anymore. It is expensive, and that does annoy me when the distributors keep telling me I can afford to buy more products because i would buy less in groceries.. I think what is keeping me with the program at this time is that my distributors run a health club and offer free fitness workouts and with the fitness class there is support, friends, motivation, encouragement. Have you looked for a Herbalife fitness club in your area? They also offer weight loss challenges, information classes, nutrition classes, etc. All free as long as you buy a minimum of one shake a month. Same as paying a gym fee right.

The problem is that companies like Herbalife make wild claims about their subpar products and jack up the price touting it as a miracle product. Not to mention it's a pyramid scheme. You can eat less and move more, and then maintain your weight by watching your calorie intake, for a fraction of the price of being on Herbalife forever. Then you can take that money and spend it stuff that actually improves your quality of life.

Herbalife, and all similar products, are scams.

Edited to add that no, it is absolutely not the "same as paying a gym fee."
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how much does herbalife cost the average user?

Not distributor/users, who are deluding themselves in a different way, just the average user.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I can't keep them straight anymore. Isn't herbalife the one linked to liver damage?
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    multi-level marketing woo woo
  • Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Full price can of shake about $48 for 30 (+ or -) shakes. I know its expensive. That's the shake only, not to mention the full program including vitamins and other drinks, I'm not sure the whole program costs. I like the taste of them and I enjoy the workouts that my distributors offer, its not at a gym its more like a club, just a bunch of people trying to move more.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Camarose79 wrote: »
    Full price can of shake about $48 for 30 (+ or -) shakes. I know its expensive. That's the shake only, not to mention the full program including vitamins and other drinks, I'm not sure the whole program costs. I like the taste of them and I enjoy the workouts that my distributors offer, its not at a gym its more like a club, just a bunch of people trying to move more.

So most folks probably spend more than 48. and in my neck of the woods they all work out together at a gym, that they pay for.

Thanks for the honest reply. It was much appreciated.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I can't keep them straight anymore. Isn't herbalife the one linked to liver damage?

I have read that it is linked to very serious health problems.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Like already mentioned, it's overpriced garbage.