Needing support to get going!

Options
Hi.....after many failed starts, I am trying once again to get going on successful weight loss. If I can just get a week under my belt, well, then I'll gain momentum from there. Any tips for success during the first week? Thanks!

Replies

• Yellowon02
    Yellowon02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Meal plan and prep your food.
    Don't tell yourself you can't have certain foods. You can, but choosing not to. When you have a treat it will be worth it!
    Before you start take your measurements.
    Will you be doing any exercising? I recommend a fit test of sorts. Just another way to empower and show progress.
    And don't weigh yourself too often and understand that whatever number it shows it can't accurately show your progress.
    Man a reward for a week well done.

Write down your goals. And tell real people in your life about.
    Make sure your goals are definable. "Get fit" "lose fat" "be healthy" are not good goals. "Run a 9 minute mile" "lose 10 pounds" "hold a 2 min plank" "wear my favorite pants" are definable goals you can achieve.

All the best!
  • To_The_Moon_And_Back
    Options
    llrm... Thank you so much for the helpful info. I just started yesterday and I think I'm actually ready to make a real change. I'm excited :-)
  • Yellowon02
    Yellowon02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yay! Slow and steady build new habits.
  • TheOwl2014
    TheOwl2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello...thanks so much for the responses. Being new to this, I didn't know I had any replies until this morning! ☺️. I am doing well.....getting started was the hardest part. I have a goal of losing 40 pounds....so....I have a concrete goal. Down 5 pounds now and feel that I can stay with this plan. I am working on meal planning as well. That's a big one. And....as you suggested, I have a treat night....Saturday nights where I allow myself something I wouldn't ordinarily, i.e., chips. You are right....when it's a treat, you enjoy it so much more than if you are eating them every other day! I weigh myself once a week.....but.....am already enjoying how much looser my clothes feel! Sometimes I get hungry.....funny.....I know it's not real hunger.... Like an urge/craving to eat to reduce pressure rather than out of hunger. Just like a smoker or someone who grabs a drink........so.....I'll carry on! Thanks again for responding.