Have eating disorder, any support here???

Options
zeroprophecy9
zeroprophecy9 Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
Could definitely use someone to talk with, suggestions and support needed and encouraged.

Thanks so much,
Morgan
Email or phone number available upon request :-)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I really don't think you should post your phone number
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Is that your phone number? You may want to edit it out, and give it out in private messages only to those you have verified as being genuine.
  • zeroprophecy9
    Options
    Oh, ok. I'm new to this....thank you, will definitely do that!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    To be honest, giving your phone number out to anyone on here is rather unnecessary. Search for some eating disorder forums if you want to 'chat ' to other people who have eating disorders
  • Laurasparkle90
    Laurasparkle90 Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You can talk to me if its recovery related :)
  • zeroprophecy9
    Options
    Hi, thank you for your response. I'm really trying to be well, but have a very hard time allowing myself to eat. I have my degree in dietetics thinking that would cure me, but it has only contributed to more obsession. I really want to get well, and thought this might be a good outlet to hold me accountable. Have you been through an eating disorder or struggled with one before? Again, thank you so much for reaching out to me!
  • erinlikesfood
    erinlikesfood Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in to say MyFitnessPal will not really be the place to go for eating disorder recovery. It's easy to spend hours looking at posts about weight loss to fuel your disorder. The best thing to do is to find a doctor and/or psychologist/therapist/etc. who takes you seriously and makes you feel comfortable. Also, I love the Recovery Warriors website and podcast: https://www.recoverywarriors.com/. They're a great resource for eating disorder recovery.
  • olivetwistful
    olivetwistful Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be a bummer, but I agree with @erinbea. This place is a slippery slope. If you must use the tool, it'd be best to approach it from a fitness angle. But thinking about calories is fuel for ED.
  • mountiesgirl
    mountiesgirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in recovery from an eating disorder feel free to add me
  • ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Here is my opinion: this is type of tracking tool can be deterimental to many in recovery from an eating disorder. Often, we need to let go of the control over monitering everything we eat. For some though, tracking can be a good tool to ensure enough calories are being eaten throughout the day and to track urges and behaviors in order to be self-aware.

I have an eating disorder, but I cannot honestly say I am in recovery at the moment, as I am in a period of relapse. I can still offer recovery support, though! :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    someplace here is a binge eating group
    here is a group that focuses on eating disorders
  • Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am presently battling binge eating. I just take it one day at a time and each day I don't binge is a victory.
  • ReadyWillingEager
    ReadyWillingEager Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    To kindly disagree with many above posters: Mfp is helping me with recovery. I was in the hospital for two months for an ed and the biggest tool I learned was meal planning. Mfp makes it easy to do just that in a convenient app.