Herbalife

2»

Replies

• Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    I don't pay for a gym. The distributors offer a free fitness club to all of the Herbalife customers, so at the minimum of buying one shake a month its similar to a gym membership, i used to pay $60 a month at another place to workout. Not trying to overtake this thread or ignore the op in any way! Just speaking from my own experience, I have always been active and also overweight. I have no problem with committing to exercise yet i do have trouble with food. I like the Herbalife products, don't like the price, I appreciate the fitness coaching as in the instruction and scheduled time and place to go, and still working on making better food choices and counting calories. I'm learning this more and more on mfp about cico. Long way to go. I think i understand what people here are trying to explain about Herbalife not being real food, or not being sustainable for a lifetime.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    If the shakes help you stick to your goals, why not buy a tub of whey and make your own shakes? It would be much cheaper and you wouldn't be supporting a slimy company like Herbalife.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Camarose79 wrote: »
    I don't pay for a gym. The distributors offer a free fitness club to all of the Herbalife customers, so at the minimum of buying one shake a month its similar to a gym membership, i used to pay $60 a month at another place to workout. Not trying to overtake this thread or ignore the op in any way! Just speaking from my own experience, I have always been active and also overweight. I have no problem with committing to exercise yet i do have trouble with food. I like the Herbalife products, don't like the price, I appreciate the fitness coaching as in the instruction and scheduled time and place to go, and still working on making better food choices and counting calories. I'm learning this more and more on mfp about cico. Long way to go. I think i understand what people here are trying to explain about Herbalife not being real food, or not being sustainable for a lifetime.

Not among folks I know. Folks here all join an expensive gym with their distributor.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    I know people on mfp generally do not like Herbalife. The way i see it, many people use some sort of multivitamin, protein bars, meal shakes, or other supplements. Personally I think slim fast shakes are worse than Herbalife. But if that's what it takes for me (or you or them) to cut calories then why is that a bad thing? Maybe after some months of following a program like this then we (you, I, or them,) will either be able to replace the shakes with appropriate amounts of foods or stay on the program (forever?) and not be fat anymore. It is expensive, and that does annoy me when the distributors keep telling me I can afford to buy more products because i would buy less in groceries.. I think what is keeping me with the program at this time is that my distributors run a health club and offer free fitness workouts and with the fitness class there is support, friends, motivation, encouragement. Have you looked for a Herbalife fitness club in your area? They also offer weight loss challenges, information classes, nutrition classes, etc. All free as long as you buy a minimum of one shake a month. Same as paying a gym fee right.

Pretty much.
    I found it to be helpful.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Snake oil
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    angellll12 wrote: »
    I know people on mfp generally do not like Herbalife. The way i see it, many people use some sort of multivitamin, protein bars, meal shakes, or other supplements. Personally I think slim fast shakes are worse than Herbalife. But if that's what it takes for me (or you or them) to cut calories then why is that a bad thing? Maybe after some months of following a program like this then we (you, I, or them,) will either be able to replace the shakes with appropriate amounts of foods or stay on the program (forever?) and not be fat anymore. It is expensive, and that does annoy me when the distributors keep telling me I can afford to buy more products because i would buy less in groceries.. I think what is keeping me with the program at this time is that my distributors run a health club and offer free fitness workouts and with the fitness class there is support, friends, motivation, encouragement. Have you looked for a Herbalife fitness club in your area? They also offer weight loss challenges, information classes, nutrition classes, etc. All free as long as you buy a minimum of one shake a month. Same as paying a gym fee right.

Pretty much.

A gym fee would do much more for you
  • BettyBoles
    BettyBoles Posts: 68 Member
    I will suggest, know well about the supplement before taking it. How it work and is it causing any damage.
    Eat healthy to stay fit and healthy.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    I would suggest buying a protein powder and some vitamins/what have you separately to get the benefits. You'll save your health and tons of money.
  • lucysposaro
    lucysposaro Posts: 132 Member
    ok was not really expecting those answers...herbalife shakes are $63 for retail but if your a distributor there $53 thats at 20%...i have joined many groups on facebook who take herbalife they all seem to lose weight and never have any issues,,reason i have been on and off is due to me having kids and all that in between. I have a high allergy to mold so basically there is not much i can eat so hense why i rather find a meal replacement shake as it would be easier for me on the stomach...everything i eat i get a reaction to meaning as in a very sore stomach very similar to IBS. Thank you for clarifying some things up for me i just wish there was a easier solution i also have tachycardia rapid heart rate so its hard to get up and running around most days.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited February 2016
    ok was not really expecting those answers...herbalife shakes are $63 for retail but if your a distributor there $53 thats at 20%...i have joined many groups on facebook who take herbalife they all seem to lose weight and never have any issues,,reason i have been on and off is due to me having kids and all that in between. I have a high allergy to mold so basically there is not much i can eat so hense why i rather find a meal replacement shake as it would be easier for me on the stomach...everything i eat i get a reaction to meaning as in a very sore stomach very similar to IBS. Thank you for clarifying some things up for me i just wish there was a easier solution i also have tachycardia rapid heart rate so its hard to get up and running around most days.

If you have a lot of food allergies/a lot of food that triggers symptoms, stay far away from something like Herbalife. They hide behind a lot to"avoid giving away their specific formula". I honestly wouldn't trust any allergy information they give.

For example-they say they are but free, but hidden deep in a page of nutrition information, almost all products are processed on the same equipment as nuts. Same with wheat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member

Given your health concerns, I'd do some serious research before ingesting their products, especially given their deceptive marketing.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    angellll12 wrote: »

Pretty much.

A gym fee would do much more for you

What do you mean?