Starting Again - "Skinny Fiber"

drummergirl61
drummergirl61 Posts: 13 Member
edited April 2015 in Getting Started
Good Morning! Well I'm back at it again. Hopefully I can stick with it longer so I can start seeing better results.
A friend of mine is on a different weight loss program and she had 2 1/2 bottles of "Skinny Fiber" that she didn't want and I'm thinking about taking them. Has anyone used this and what were your thoughts and or results?

Have a great day!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    My thoughts on pills and weight loss programs is that they are temporary things, and generally get you temporary results.

You say you're back again - how many times have you stopped and restarted? Been down that road myself several times, until about three years ago when I told myself that this was the very last time. Restarting sucks!

What are your goals? To lose fat? To get stronger? Whatever it is, you need one thing to lose weight, and that's a calorie deficit. Eat a bit fewer calories than the amount your body burns all day long (in a 24 hour period) - MFP calculates that calorie goal for you, easy peasy. Add exercise for the fitness aspect, and the extra activity means you can eat more cals because you're burning a bit more.

The biggest breakthrough for me was setting reasonable goals, and realizing that the only way to stop the on-and-off process was to be in it for life - which means a calorie goal that I can stick with, and no drastic reductions, no off-limits foods, no spending hours and hours exercising - it all has to fit with daily life.

Does it take a bit longer to lose the weight this way? Yeah, maybe, but three years later I'm still sitting pretty, having reached my goal losses awhile back and kept it off through the holidays, birthdays, vacations, a summer of wedding receptions, etc. Not one instance of "falling off some wagon" or having to start anything over. This IS my lifestyle now.

Use MFP, it's free, and it works, and you learn the best way to lose and keep it off for good.

I don't know about "skinny fiber" pills - fiber is good for us, but I get mine in the foods I eat - it's definitely one of the things I track in my diary. :smile:
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    awesome post Amy :smile:
  • drummergirl61
    drummergirl61 Posts: 13 Member
    Thank you for your reply. I most definitely will be changing my diet to reflect a healthy lifestyle. I never thought I would be a calorie counter but I really do have the best results when using My Fitness Pal. It really helps to keep me on track. I was only wondering about the "Skinny Fiber" as an added tool to help with better results or help keep me on the right path. When you see reviews you never know whether they're the "real" thing that's why I asked for advice here. Thanks again!
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Never heard of it. I do calories in, calories our method and incorporate exercise.
  • tvwhidden
    tvwhidden Posts: 4 Member
    I use skinny fiber and it's not really a diet pill. It's all mayoral and mainly just helps curve your appetite. I've always doing it hard to stick with any program bit I don't have that problem with sf.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    I just started taking Skinny Fiber Max yesterday. I've been logging calories in/out since January 2012 (although my ticker doesn't show that because I went on a cruise in 2014 and couldn't log til I got back). I ran into health issues & gained a bunch of weight & desperately wanted a "kick start".
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2016
    tvwhidden wrote: »
    I use skinny fiber and it's not really a diet pill. It's all mayoral and mainly just helps curve your appetite. I've always doing it hard to stick with any program bit I don't have that problem with sf.

If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck.............

Sticking to a "diet" - that's a temporary thing. Eating so few calories that you are hungry - that's a temporary thing.

Eating an appropriate number of calories (no, we are not all at 1200) and making healthy choices will naturally curb hunger. Learning these things will give us tools needed for maintenance.

Like Amy said - fiber is something we can get from food. We don't have to pay for a supplement.

Besides, the "fat burning," "toxin cleansing" and "metabolism boosting" effects of Skinny Fiber are just unproven nonsense.