i cant controll myself

Options
Everyday I tell myself I'm gonna start losing wright tomorrow and I always give up how can I get motivated and stop this

Replies

• Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    keep doing what you're doing now. Do it until that stops working and you are ready to try committing to forming new habits.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    when you decide you wanna lose weight, you'll just do it.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    when you decide you wanna lose weight, you'll just do it.

It happens when YOU are ready. MFP can do nothing to motivate an unmotivated person.

• wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was that way for years and years. It finally clicked for me last April and I've been doing it ever since. When you're really ready it will happen.
  • BettyBoles
    BettyBoles Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It only happen if your mind is ready and focused. You need to motivate by yourself, compete with your friends. Do group exercise or find a workout partner.
  • x5hjg
    x5hjg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Why don't you try and log everything you're eating each day on here taking it 1 day at a time. Even if you're not lowering your calories just yet you can see exactly how much you're eating. Hope that helps a little.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    x5hjg wrote: »
    Hi there. Why don't you try and log everything you're eating each day on here taking it 1 day at a time. Even if you're not lowering your calories just yet you can see exactly how much you're eating. Hope that helps a little.

That's a good tip. It helps you get used to logging food without the added stress of having to restrict it. It also helps you determine where most of your calories are coming from. Don't change anything, just log. Later you can decide what to do with the food that contributes the most calories like maybe eating gradually smaller portions of it or making it lighter. It's possible that you are attempting to do too much too fast and you are the kind of person who doesn't deal with big changes well, so very small baby steps and gradual changes may actually stick and stack over time until you find yourself at an acceptable calorie level a few weeks (or maybe months) down the road. Even if it takes a long time to get started, it's better than never starting at all.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Change what your doing
    1. Your mindset - your telling yourself your doing this Again that Again words is telling your subconscious
    2. Telling yourself I always give up has set failure in motion.
    3. You need to tell yourself and mean it I will lose weight , I will get fit & the past is experience to use to win this goal.
    4. Take 1 day at a time 5lbs goals at a time.
    5.No Diet word is allowed your eating healthy changing your lifestyle , the word diet will tell you your depriving yourself & tbh no good should be banned but healthy eating will fill you up & change moods, exercise releases endorphins = feel good factor.
    A diary or blog write one be your own friend write down everything you feel & if it makes you want to eat.

Above all get support on here people like yourself same weight to lose etc a little competition actually can make you want this lots more do a weightloss or fitness or inch loss challenge scales are evil they don't show the true loss.

Your subconscious is s funny thing what you tell yourself as in I always give up makes it happen positive thinking does set things to go positive
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Everyday I tell myself I'm gonna start losing wright tomorrow and I always give up how can I get motivated and stop this

Stop getting up every morning and saying you will start tomorrow. Get up every morning and say you will do it TODAY!

Then realize you probably wont get it right 100% today because it is a process that starts with small steps and small victories. If you can have 1 small victory today then you have already done better than yesterday and that is how you slowly build up to having big victories.

EG. I pre-log my food but because I work out in the morning I struggle to not eat all my food before lunch lunch time. If I manage to keep 1 item for afternoon tea then I have had a good day and I pat myself on the back because I did better than the day before. If, like today, I eat everything by 9am then I realise I'm having a bad day and I try better tomorrow BUT I also teach myself that there are consequences so I go hungry for the rest of the day lol

Your brain wont feel committed until your heart feels committed.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You can stop telling yourself that you can't control yourself. You really can, you just choose not to.
    I realize this sounds harsh, and that's not my intention, but it is the honest truth.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    when youre ready to change, you will.

not sure what you want us to do about it..... ?
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options

Hi mallakismaeel,

One day, I just woke up, is all I can describe this as. Waking up. Finally feeling able to take action. Prior to this? I was asleep, and feeling unable to do anything, about anything. I'm not sure what wakes a person up, only that you'll know it when it happens. Grab on with both hands, and don't let go. :)

Hope you get to a place where you're able to make the changes you seek.
  • TXMary2
    TXMary2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are likely addicted to sugar - it is in just about everything that is processed or packaged. It is physiological - there is nothing wrong with you except you need to get off the sugar, suffer the withdrawls so the cravings go away. Once the physical cravings are gone, you focus on eating real whole foods - meats, veggies and plenty of healthy fats that will satiate you.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    TXMary2 wrote: »
    You are likely addicted to sugar - it is in just about everything that is processed or packaged. It is physiological - there is nothing wrong with you except you need to get off the sugar, suffer the withdrawls so the cravings go away. Once the physical cravings are gone, you focus on eating real whole foods - meats, veggies and plenty of healthy fats that will satiate you.

OP doesn't even share what s/he is eating. Diagnosing an addiction on the basis of what OP has shared is ridiculous, especially given that there is little evidence that sugar "addiction" is even a thing. Please stop.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Only you can truly motivate yourself, it won't be quick and it may be hard but in the end it will be so worth it.

Fat is hard, losing is hard choose your hard

Take baby steps, don't think you have to just cut out everything and do a ton of exercise , just some extra walking and cutting back is a start.
    Start logging , work out your cut using mfp, start weighing foods, see where you can make changes that don't deprive you too much .
    If you want to eat more , move more . But if you are not eating less the weight won't shift.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Start really small and log what you eat on a regular basis weighing when you can. Do that for a week or two and see what small adjustments you can make.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Baby steps. Don't try to lose weight today, just try to log today. Get in the habit of logging while still eating as much as you want, it's easy. Then maybe you try to reduce just a couple hundred calories. Don't try to lose weight today, you can't lose weight 'today'. Then maybe you start doing an evening walk. 15 minutes every night after dinner. You don't even have to leave the house, you can putz about in your underwear if you want.

Take some baby steps. nobody anywhere got there by not doing something today and doing ALL the thingz tomorrow and thereafter. They did one tiny thing today, then they did it again tomorrow, then maybe they added another thing the week after that.