Big Guy needs help and advice on diet/protein intake..Started at 304lbs..here is my story.

Options
2»

Replies

• Chrishartman1979
    Options
    Glad I joined this group since you all have given me fair advice. For now I think I will just continue doing what I have been doing and maybe tighten up my diet a bit. I have to download the app and make it easier to count/log in calories and at this point. Also, I do not have a food scale..which I do plan on purchasing soon. I am going to add everything to my food journal and I can already tell I am prob getting too much sodium so I need to cut down on that.

I do however, think I need to up the protein. I have been doing a plant based low cal protein shake during the day for the past couple days I feel like it does help me with some of my cravings. Plus, I notice if I skimp out on the protein during the day and then eat a salad for dinner with no protein....about 2 hours later I am craving food like crazy...and typically not the healthy kind.

It will definitely get more complicated when my work schedule picks up in a couple months but for now I am just going to keep on keeping on. Once I make it through summer and can still eat healthy and be active I am sure I will have more confidence that this will be a sustainable lifestyle for me.

Thanks again for all your advice.