A bit intimidated

Options
Hi!:flowerforyou:
I have a long way to go on this weight thing and I'm a bit initmidated by how much weight I have to lose. I'm afraid that I'm going to quit sometime in the future because it will take a long time. :grumble:
I want to stick with it. It's only been a week of dieting and 2 weeks exercising, and I'm already so tired. I tell myself that it is one step at a time. One day at a time. One pound at a time. One meal at a time. Just keep plugging away at it.

How do you stay with it?

118689.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• crosstitcher0563
    Options
    I have a long way to go on this weight thing and I'm a bit initmidated by how much weight I have to lose. I'm afraid that I'm going to quit sometime in the future because it will take a long time. :grumble:
    I want to stick with it. It's only been a week of dieting and 2 weeks exercising, and I'm already so tired. I tell myself that it is one step at a time. One day at a time. One pound at a time. One meal at a time. Just keep plugging away at it.

How do you stay with it?

118689.png
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Well, I am committing myself to life and health, not to weight loss...............that is just an added bonus and side effect!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

How do you stay with it?

118689.png

It's all baby steps. When you feel a pair of pants get looser or you feel your muscles get a little tighter then it's easier to stay motivated. :smile:

Don't give up though! You'll never regret reaching your goal! :flowerforyou:
  • dangerkitty2001
    Options
    I got in gear right at Christmas and I am just now starting to feel good, and feel like I might be making some progress. My body has been sore and tired, and my belly eternally hungry, but I kept thinking, "I just have to get past this". I think it's starting to work! So do not lose faith. :smile:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    remember that this is a life style change !!

yes once you reach your goal, you can eat more calories,, but its still a matter of eating well and exercising,, this is a long term change that will stick with you the rest of your life !

good luck ,, may
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    How do you stay with it?

The alternative is staying where you are! Or, worse, continuing to gain weight!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about motivation, maybe give yourself small goals. For every 5 to 10 lb, have a special treat for yourself (manicure, pedicure, haircut), something just for you. Don't worry about the BIG numbers. Concentrate on the small numbers and how good you feel as each pound comes off, as you can now climb 10 sets of stairs (still haven't done that yet without getting winded) or other goals in your day to day life. And really get a tape measure and look at the overall inches rather than pounds. It makes all the difference in the world. Most importantly, be healthy and have fun.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    don't be intimidated, i have more to go than you do and I am confident this time i will follow through. hang in there and be amazed at the results!! have a great day:tongue::flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Someone just put up a posting about small steps. Don't try to do everything at once. Make some mini goals and then take small steps to acheiving it. Change one small thing and do only that until it becomes a habit or something that you don't think about. Then change the next thing.

There's no rule that says you only have a limited amount of time to change. Studies have shown that even a 5% drop in weight can have a beneficial impact on your health. Avoid an "all or nothing" attitude. Even a little success is still a success.

You can do this. We're all in it together and we all have our good and bad days.

One more thing....

You need to program yourself to succeed. Be positive about the fact that you ARE doing this and that you ARE successful. Say "I AM" not "I'll try". Really visualize yourself being successful.