Just Me

sportsjunkee70
sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
My goal is to get down to 190 or so. I have been overweight my whole life which has caused me to have a very low self-esteem (though most people never know because I am always smiling and seem so happy). I have never been married and have had few serious relationships, again very embarrassing to admit. A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and high cholesterol.

I am ready to start a new chapter in my life where I will be healthier, look good, have confidence in myself and to be able to ask someone out on a date without being so self conscious, and be more open and honest with myself. I have some support from friends and family but could always use a little more. I need all the help I can get to stay on track to reach my goals. I am going to Hawaii for the first time next summer for a friends wedding. Would love to go there and strut my stuff on the beach knowing that I look good.

Replies

• imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    You can totally do it. :) You'll rock that beach! And probably have some hottie on your arm, whilst doing it. ;)
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Hi! This is a great place to be! Good Luck reaching your goals.

And how cool about the wedding in Hawaii - that' sgoing to be one great vacation!
  • Welcome! This is a great place! Feel free to add me
  • GDWoodruff
    GDWoodruff Posts: 8 Member
    You can do it brother!! You and i are in exactly the same boat! I can do it & You can do it.....WE can do it!!!!
  • LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

8396493.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kelstahzz
    kelstahzz Posts: 6
    You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hawaii will be sooo worth it. (I need an exotic vacation plan to keep me motivated too!)

And maybe you'll even meet a cute date!!!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    the great thing is that everyone here is in the same (or a similar, but slightly different model) boat.

Let's support each other, work our butts off, maybe be hungry, but not starve... and then strut our-hot-selves 12 months from now!
  • BecBe4
    BecBe4 Posts: 20
    Good luck in your journey! You can do it and there is so much support here, it is unbelievable. Feel free to add me if you would like.
This discussion has been closed.