I do not care what you weigh.. what can you do now that you

Options
Hello everyone..
Very often I see many fine posts of the amazing or agonizing weight loss that folks have achieved or how now smaller the pants are now that we fit into.. But what really inspires and motivates me (and I admit my bias here b/c I like the benefits of exercise although not always the exercising) is hearing about your fitness successes. While a picture of a small waist is cool to me a story of what you can do now that you could not do before is so much more awesome.
So let me start.. would love to hear from you:
A few of my "what I can do now but could not do before facts are"
Could not do a single wide grip lat pull up, now can do about 5.
Could only do around 20 push ups in one go (ouch), can now do 60 (still ouch)
Could do a 5 k jog in about 27 minutes and then wiped, now can do a 5 k run in about 22 minutes (but shall be huffing then)
Could do a 10 K under duress in 1 hour, now can go about 2 times that far in just under 2 hours.
Could not do more than 40 minutes of bike riding before my gluteus maximus complained telling me to "get off, oh its hurts" now can go for about 2 hours and butt will only complain a bit.

So what is your "what can you do now that you could not do before story" Would love to hear it.
Be well

Replies

• tncmom
    tncmom Posts: 79
    Options
    I can walk, easily, without pain. That in and of itself makes me super de dooper happy!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I could barely run for the first minute of the C25K week 1 day 1. I now run 4 miles a day, 4 or 5 days a week.
    I can plank for two minutes at at time. I can do jumping jacks, which really just about killed me a few months ago.
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I havent reached it yet but i hope my first What I couldnt do but can do now is :
    TIE MY SHOES WITHOUT SUFFOCATING MYSELF WITH MY BOOBS!!!!
  • LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have been walking for 5 miles daily... in the hopes that I can one day run.... I am not there now, but hopefully one day...
  • JustGillian
    Options
    I can jog on the treadmill at a higher speed for much longer. I was never able to jog/run before because of my knees, but now (well not at the moment because I have a possible ligament tear) I can.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I can eat food without choking on acid reflux for the next few hours.
    I can do normal activities without running out of breath.
    I am consistently beating personal record times on older exercise routines, and hope to continue that.
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Could never run more than 2 miles or so without being completely winded, but now I have completed two half marathons (13.1 miles each) this year!
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh... hilarious :laugh:
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I can eat like a fiend because I'm trying to reach my calorie intake for the day after a big workout!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I can paint my toenails without having to get into weird positions...
    I can see the dial on the scale without having to lean forward...
    I can pull the plug out of the bath and then stand up without having a mini tsunami hit the back of my legs from where my fat *kitten* had stopped it draining away
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I can now bend over and touch my toes. I can do an hour of exercise without stopping. I could not bend over or walk for 10 minutes in January.
  • maryd4love
    Options
    I havent reached it yet but i hope my first What I couldnt do but can do now is :

This is funny to be because I can relate. Thanks for the laugh!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options

haha... I know what you mean. It used to be that my boobs would choke me when I tried to go to sleep. It was the first place I lost weight, and I am thrilled.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I always walked the miles they had us to in gym at school. Now I easily can run a 7.5 minute.
    I couldn't wear a bikini-let a lone a bathing suit. Now I wear my bikini with a little pep in my step :-)
    I didn't cook for myself worth anything. Fast food supporter! Now I cook nearly every meal!
    I had no knowledge when it came to health, weight loss, nutrition, exercise, lifting, now I help others learn!
    I thought exercise had to be painful and unfun- never thought about doing it. Now I love it and hate going a day without some kind of purposeful movement!
  • maryd4love
    Options
    I can pull the plug out of the bath and then stand up without having a mini tsunami hit the back of my legs from where my fat *kitten* had stopped it draining away

OMG!!!! That was funny!!!!
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That's a great point!
    I actually look forward to working out..I never used to break a sweat doing anything! Now I sweat easily while working out because I am actually working out!
    Also, I can make it through a 55 minute intense zumba workout without quitting, my stamina is much better!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I can walk, easily, without pain. That in and of itself makes me super de dooper happy!
    This. I haven't been able to walk for any decent length of time in a very long time. 3 weeks ago I went to NYC and was able to ride the subway, walk through the McQueen exhibit at the Met & walk around NYC. It was a long, full day in NYC and while I have to admit my knee did ache a little, the fact that I was able to do it at all was a HUGE accomplishment for me.

This time last year I was wearing size 12 sandals, because my feet and ankles were so swollen they were all I could fit. This year I am wearing a pair of size 8 ½ w sneakers that I was going to give away because they were too small.:bigsmile:
  • khodges15
    khodges15 Posts: 114
    Options
    Great post! My running & breathing have significantly improved. My mile times have significantly improved. I feel better about myself (most days) :) I feel healthier, i live a better life style that i try to encourage others to follow. I just all around feel the awesome-ness!
  • stephn1
    stephn1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The first time I got on the eliptical at the gym my heart rate went up to 153 within minutes of starting and now I have to push myself to even get up to 153, and my knees hurt most all the time and they no longer hurt at all, and when I started yoga I couldn't balance on one leg and now I can for as long as I want. I was having heart burn/ acid reflux all the time and now I have none the antiacids sit on my stand untouched it only took about a week for the acid reflux to go away. Those are just some of the things but really important ones.