I do not care what you weigh.. what can you do now that you

Options

Replies

• thekevinhu
    thekevinhu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had trouble completing the mile in junior high and high school under 18 minutes. My fastest back then was around 14 minutes. These days I'm consistently around 10, with my fastest being right under 9.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I can now bend over and touch my toes. I can do an hour of exercise without stopping. I could not bend over or walk for 10 minutes in January.
    lol... funny!!
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Mine is a twofold. I was fat because I was an undiagnosed celiac and had related health problems so the two are tied. So some of the things I can do now are partly because I'm gluten and all of my other trigger food free.

I can wake up in the morning without feeling like I'm 80.

I can build strength and set up a routine and stick to it without getting so sick for three weeks I couldn't even move and then have the dismay of having to start all over again.

I can brush my teeth with confidence that another piece of one of my teeth isn't going to crumble off today.

I can lose weight while sticking to a good diet and exercise.

I can exercise.

I can run and play with my kids and go out in the desert and play without feeling like my eyes are going to close and not have the strength to keep them open.

I no longer have a veil of fatigue hanging around me like a heavy cloud.

I no longer catch every illness that walks past me.

I no longer have debilitating migraines.

Probably not what you were actually looking for but these have been huge for me.
  • Caprirenee925
    Options
    I don't have to wear undershirts to cover my rolls or 2nd layers of fat anymore, they don't exist!
  • snickerpants
    snickerpants Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I havent reached it yet but i hope my first What I couldnt do but can do now is :
    TIE MY SHOES WITHOUT SUFFOCATING MYSELF WITH MY BOOBS!!!!
    \\
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....thank you. I had the same problem.
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    When I started I could only walk 2 blocks and return huffing and feeling like death was on its way. Now I can walk a few miles at a time.
    I can now run at 7.5 mph.
    When I started my stationary bike I struggled for 3 minutes- now I've done 35 minutes in a row.
    before I couldn't touch my toes without bending my knees- now I can put my hands flat down on the floor.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I never lost the ability to touch my toes, but now I can touch them with my palms, again. I can also do proper crunches, again. Oh, and I've shaved about 5 minutes off my walk to work.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    get off the floor
    fit in a seat
    life wts
    walk without getting out of breath
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I couldn't jog a minute without needing a break and today I can log two miles without stopping..yay me! Oh and I can do 14 "regular" pushups but could only do modified before :)
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many inspiring answers! I can now:

1. Finally not only get back into my clothes, but need smaller sizes than what I'd had that I'd grown out of
    2. Wear a sleeveless top, and not only be not embarrassed, but be proud
    3. Pick up my boys or chairs and lift them over my head easily, and not have to call my husband to help
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks folks for all the awesome stories. Now those keep me going. Proud of all of you for celebrating your successes, in whatever size you are, in whatever shape you were in. Wonderful to see so many neat ways to notice your improvements. Very very cool indeed. Those allow us, on the days we might gain a pound or not lose any weight for a while, to simply smile and say.." Haha, but watch me run .. or breathe easy.. or bend over.." Well done.. I shall enjoy reading your responses again and again.
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I can cross my legs without having to 'hold' the top one on.
    I can run for 40 min vs 1 min (within a 4 month period)
    I ran my first 5K ( I just like saying those words....never thought they would come out of my mouth!)
    Can get into clothes I wore 10 years ago.
  • emgi
    emgi Posts: 15
    Options
    In January I could run 3 miles by myself (not race time, which was faster) at 39 minutes. Today, it was 31:47- an improvement of over 7 minutes. And I haven't been focused on improving it, just exercise and health in general. Also, I now have 2 amazing vegan menus I've perfected. Today an acquaintance even asked me for the recipe to my rosemary chickpea and artichoke heart salad. Also, I'm back to cycling the 20 miles round-trip to work at least twice a week- which I hadn't done since becoming pregnant with my daughter.
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 of INSANITY and i know i would not have been able to do that 4 months ago....i can also run....i run up to about a half an hour 4 to 5 days a week and i can do pushups with out dropping to my knees :happy: YaY MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I can now complete the entire 2 hours at the Zumbathon my daughter drug me too.
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I ran 8 miles in 71 minutes, something I haven't done since my sophomore year of high school.

I can do 40 pushups in a row, when I used to only be able to do 15.
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I can get up off of the floor without looking like a potato bug that had been flipped over.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy exercise now and can walk farther, have started to jog but the doctors say NO- bad for the knees.

Ride the spin bike not only for 30-45 minutes but I can stand up and pedal the bike- could not do this back in January.

Drop at least a size in clothes and maybe 2 in the tops.

Look down and see my toes, plus I can see my waist.

Not to mention that I can over 2 minutes of mountain climbers and many other strength training moves that I was not possible back in January. Mountain climbers started with 15 sec and was out of breath now I enjoy doing them and can go for almost 2 minutes straight when I put my mind to it. Push- ups are also back in the routine.

This is a great thread and reminds me of how far I have come since January. Thanks.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    A year ago I never even considered running (long before that, I was lucky to walk around the block!), then I joined a rugby team last fall so I HAD to run! (I NEVER would have even considered playing before either!) I was one of the slowest out there, but I was determined *not* to be the slowest one come spring season. I also signed up for the Race for the Cure this past April, and decided that I was going to RUN the 5k, not walk or jog/walk (I did a 2.3 mile drumstick dash last Thanksgiving in 32 min - 13.9 min/mile, jog/walk combo). I did a program similar to the C25k that was 5 weeks long (I didn't have time to do 8 weeks lol), and completed my first 5k in just under 40 minutes! That's about a 12.9 min/mile, shaving a minute off my pace, but I also jogged continuously (only stopping briefly for water). It doesn't sound like a lot, but I went from barely jogging at a 4.0mph pace with brief intervals at 4.5 in Feb, to now I can jog consistently at around a 4.7 or 4.8 pace and throw in intervals at 5.0-5.5mph. I can probably sprint faster than that, but I'm not comfortable sprinting on the treadmill (fear of flying off it!!). I've been working on sprints lately, rather than endurance running as that is what I need to train for right now. And I am also proud to say, I am NOT the slowest person on the rugby pitch anymore!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of the year I walked on the treadmill with little incline. Now it's my cardio exercise-of-choice and I can walk on a 15 degree incline for an hour (the highest incline the treadmill goes).