Great Vegetables

Options
I've noticed that a lot of people have been asking for vegetable recipes. I got a wonderful cookbook for Christmas that is devoted just to vegetables. It is the "The Best Vegetable Recipes" from the editors of Cook's Illustrated. Granted each recipe takes some time. It is not just popping some broccoli in the microwave to steam. But for a couple of meals a week it is really worth it to make some great tasting vegetables. Even my kids have been eating the veggies. They just have so much more flavor. There are a couple of recipes for people learning to vegetables, like oven fries and broccoli with sausage. The book is in alphabetical order with at least 3 or 4 recipes for each veggie. That way you can buy things that are in season and find a great preperation so that you actually enjoy your side and don't miss all the bread rolls that you used to fill up on. ENJOY !!

Replies

• mamamouse
    Options
    I've noticed that a lot of people have been asking for vegetable recipes. I got a wonderful cookbook for Christmas that is devoted just to vegetables. It is the "The Best Vegetable Recipes" from the editors of Cook's Illustrated. Granted each recipe takes some time. It is not just popping some broccoli in the microwave to steam. But for a couple of meals a week it is really worth it to make some great tasting vegetables. Even my kids have been eating the veggies. They just have so much more flavor. There are a couple of recipes for people learning to vegetables, like oven fries and broccoli with sausage. The book is in alphabetical order with at least 3 or 4 recipes for each veggie. That way you can buy things that are in season and find a great preperation so that you actually enjoy your side and don't miss all the bread rolls that you used to fill up on. ENJOY !!
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    I love love LOVE the Test Kitchen! I got myself the Best Light Recipes cookbook and I swear by it. My boyfriend can hardly tell the difference between the lowfat and regular mac and cheese, and he loves him some mac and cheese! Thanks for the suggestion. I might have to pick that up. :happy:
  • mamamouse
    Options
    I was happy to get a vege book that wasn't just holiday-cheese filled recipes. You can cook a simple roasted chicken and then make a great side. I might have to look for the light cookbook. I didn't know they had one.