Calories earned by exercise

Do you all eat the extra calories you earn by exercising? Can you transfer calories earned one day over to the next or dosnt it work like that.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    I usually eat at least a portion of them, if not all.

Some people like to go by weekly averages instead of daily. Or they may "save" calories through the week to use on the weekend. Those kinds of things.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    I rarely ate more then 25% of my exercise calories back, the numbers MFP and the treadmill give you are usually pretty over inflated. Some people do whats called "calorie banking" where they leave extra calories available from throughout the week and use them for a special occasion. Nothing really wrong with that, just remember that if you do over indulge you will likely gain back some water weight for a few days.
  • Crys8813
    Crys8813 Posts: 7 Member
    I've never heard of saving calories, that's a great idea. yeah I did have a bad habit of eating my exercise calories, that I need to stop. thanks for the responses!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Yes I have always eaten at least 50% of my exercise calories. Lost all my weight that way and have maintained for 6 years that way too.

MFP is set up to work that way. Eating them is the healthy way to lose.

If one is exercising for a healthier body, why would one sabotage ones efforts by not fuelling it adequately?

Cheers, h.
  • cookies3164
    cookies3164 Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks for all your responses they have been really helpful.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Why else would I exercise
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    No, best NOT to eat any, but no more than 1/2 for sure!