I hope I'm not the only woman who experiences this frustration!

Options
I've lost weight but I haven't lost it in the most important part yet, my belly. But I've lost it overall because my pant size has gone down from a 26 to 20 since last spring. So I was getting some new pants and I realized the most annoying thing when trying them on. I have a pudgy belly, so the pants that fit my belly were too big on my legs. And the pants that were snug on my legs were too tight for my belly. So now my legs are looking huge in my new pants because the pant legs are too wide ugh struggles of having a fat belly. I hope I lose weight in my belly soon!

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    It'll go! I know this sounds silly (and I hope not offensive) but do you this you could try early stage maternity pants? They usually have a stretchy waist and small legs. You would just want to wear a long shirt so that the waistband is covered up. Maybe that would help?
  • Thatonechickoverthere
    Options
    It'll go! I know this sounds silly (and I hope not offensive) but do you this you could try early stage maternity pants? They usually have a stretchy waist and small legs. You would just want to wear a long shirt so that the waistband is covered up. Maybe that would help?

I never thought of that thanks
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,063 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! The waist fits, the legs are swimming in fabric. I hope it's not destined to be this way forever.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have the opposite issue. I have a 20 or so inch differential between my waist and my hips/butt (my hips being bigger), so that when you look at size charts usually I can wear a L or XL based on my waist but have to go up to a 2X or 3X to fit my hips (and even then the listed measurement is usually lower than my actual one). By the time I get my pants over my tuckus, I've got to pull them up on the waist ALL. THE. TIME. Things is tough all over :lol::lol:. Once you find a style/brand that fits you, though, you'll be good. Just keep looking. I have maybe 2 or 3 go-tos after 15 years of searching.
  • Thatonechickoverthere
    Options
    Well my hips are bigger than my waist too, but my belly is big and sticks out so that's the biggest problem when finding pants that fit right. Women are supposed to have flat bellies so pants that fit my waist and hips aren't made to fit my big belly too, especially when I sit. My legs must have gotten a bit thinner too I'm not sure.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Well my hips are bigger than my waist too, but my belly is big and sticks out so that's the biggest problem when finding pants that fit right. Women are supposed to have flat bellies so pants that fit my waist and hips aren't made to fit my big belly too, especially when I sit. My legs must have gotten a bit thinner too I'm not sure.

Women are SUPPOSED to have flat bellies...or small hips, or big hips or wide shoulders or small. We are all made differently.
  • aubreytoe
    aubreytoe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel your pain! I also struggle with carrying a lot of weight in my belly and I have the worst time with jeans! When I find some I like, I buy 5 pairs of the same jeans because it is so hard to find ones that fit me right in the belly and thigh/butt area.
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    If you're like me, fat in the stomache is the last to go!
  • sehar_ali
    sehar_ali Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    add me need motivation
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    For me, my belly was the last to go ... in fact, I'll probably never lose it. I'm down in the bottom half of my normal BMI range, nearing the end of the weight loss, and it's still there.

I also have the problem of fairly bulky, muscular thighs from lots of cycling and weightlifting.

I wear skirts.
  • queenjane1023
    queenjane1023 Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    One tip I can offer...if you have a button closure, take a small hair tie, loop it around the button, then through the button hole and back around the button. Once your belly fat starts to go, you'll no longer need the rubberband.

(Obviously this only works if you have a shirt or undershirt long enough to cover the closure)
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    If you can afford it, make an appointment with a plastic surgeon, there is never a fee for the first consultation. Actually I had a tummy tuck after I lost weight and it was amazing just from the tummy tuck alone my pants size reduced three sizes. I highly suggest that you find a reputable well respected cosmetic or plastic surgeon and just make a visit and I'll tell you what they think the surgery will help a lot of my friends have had tummy tucks and the results were amazing! :). What have you got to lose? The consultation with the surgeon is always free and if not find another surgeon where it is free:) Top cosmetic /plastic surgeons never charge for a consultation.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    If you cannot afford a cosmetic surgical procedure and you live by a reputable Medical School, I think that they do cosmetic surgical procedures at a reduced rate and worth looking into. For women that have lost a lot of weight sometimes it's impossible to get your midsection flattened to the size that you're comfortable with. A good cosmetic surgeon will not only perform the tummy tuck, he will also go in and repair muscles that were damaged by weight gain and the results can be incredible. Good luck. :)
  • Desifreckle
    Desifreckle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    BarbieAS wrote: »
    I have the opposite issue. I have a 20 or so inch differential between my waist and my hips/butt (my hips being bigger), so that when you look at size charts usually I can wear a L or XL based on my waist but have to go up to a 2X or 3X to fit my hips (and even then the listed measurement is usually lower than my actual one). By the time I get my pants over my tuckus, I've got to pull them up on the waist ALL. THE. TIME. Things is tough all over :lol::lol:. Once you find a style/brand that fits you, though, you'll be good. Just keep looking. I have maybe 2 or 3 go-tos after 15 years of searching.

Same here, my hips, butt, and thighs are much bigger than my waist. Lol...so if I wear a dress I can wear a much smaller size, but instead for pants I always have to go up in size to get it over my butt!!
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have that too. But it will go eventually. And I'm not stopping until it does. Lol
  • gracenessence
    gracenessence Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I find that when I detox and do colonics, my belly flattens almost immediately. Google Wheat Belly and Google colonics or colon hydrotherapy. Worth a shot, less expensive, and less invasive. Good luck!
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight but I haven't lost it in the most important part yet, my belly. But I've lost it overall because my pant size has gone down from a 26 to 20 since last spring. So I was getting some new pants and I realized the most annoying thing when trying them on. I have a pudgy belly, so the pants that fit my belly were too big on my legs. And the pants that were snug on my legs were too tight for my belly. So now my legs are looking huge in my new pants because the pant legs are too wide ugh struggles of having a fat belly. I hope I lose weight in my belly soon!

You're certainly not alone in this frustration!

Have you tried low-rise/ultra low-rise, hipster, low-waisted jeans? These are our friends! :mrgreen:

Another issue I have with jeans/pants is that they almost always are too long.
  • RWC10025
    RWC10025 Posts: 90 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Some styles of plus sizes clothes are just hideously designed for any body type.
    This is the clothings flaw not ours !!! :p

Many styles in larger sizes have huge leg openings and not proportioned correctly.
    I find this the case with so many designers .

Macy's has the largest selection of different brands and designers you just have to try them all on to see which one is correctly proportioned for your body .

I found some Michael Kors pants that are just right for me . I can actually wear skinny jeans with a long blouse or tunic length top and its very stylish and not inappropite looking on my large body.

Some designers have just the right proportions to fit my plus size larger belly an narrower legs. And it can take trying on so many styles until I find the right fit.
    Then buy them in all the colors they carry.

your local talior can also be useful in making adjustment to your clothes.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I find that when I detox and do colonics, my belly flattens almost immediately. Google Wheat Belly and Google colonics or colon hydrotherapy. Worth a shot, less expensive, and less invasive. Good luck!

No. So much no. Don't do this. Why would anyone do this.
  • iriemama85
    iriemama85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and I think it's more of issue with body type. I am tall with long slender legs, no butt and a belly. I actually stopped wearing jeans because I would either have a muffin top or it would be baggy in rear and thighs. Now I wear mostly skirts, dresses, tights/leggings and stretchy skinny jeans. I also started doing squats to tone up my bum.