Please advise.. Seeking advice, feedback and tips.

Options
So.. I have been doing and feeling amazing. When I stopped making excuses and started making a change in my life on Jan 11.. I weighed in at 215 on the 29th I weighed in at 202 lbs. I was so proud people were complimenting for the first time in a long time... I felt in control... It was my fiances birthday so I indulged all weekend Friday Saturday and oops Sunday.. Ugh the guilt remorse and bloat are taking over and I am ready to get back on track and work hard.. Please I need tips... Is everything I worked so hard for out the window... What are some ways I can get back on track.. Tell me your experience.. Thanks :)

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Please I need tips... Is everything I worked so hard for out the window... What are some ways I can get back on track.. Tell me your experience.. Thanks :)

you know what you need to do.

we cant make you do it. you had an excessive weekend. it happens. move on.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Just go back to eating what you were doing before this weekend. Also figure out what you can learn from this experience to apply next time
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    So.. I have been doing and feeling amazing. When I stopped making excuses and started making a change in my life on Jan 11.. I weighed in at 215 on the 29th I weighed in at 202 lbs. I was so proud people were complimenting for the first time in a long time... I felt in control... It was my fiances birthday so I indulged all weekend Friday Saturday and oops Sunday.. Ugh the guilt remorse and bloat are taking over and I am ready to get back on track and work hard.. Please I need tips... Is everything I worked so hard for out the window... What are some ways I can get back on track.. Tell me your experience.. Thanks :)

Relax 3 days won't kill you.
  • liz78c
    liz78c Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ok, so you indulged over the weekend. We all do. The bits to focus on is the successes previously and reapply those as of today. You lost 13lbs (well done) with your eating previously so you know what to do and how to do it so just apply again.

Life contains birthdays, christmas and holidays and you are allowed to indulge. Just learn some tricks so that you dont indulge quite so heavily next time (remember the bloated feeling) but you still indulge in some of those treats.

Ive learnt that i dont have to drink at every social event I go to, and that a couple of glasses of wine followed by a run the following morning is so much better feeling than a couple of bottles and a hangover the following morning.... I still enjoy wine etc. I still lose weight, and have recently come back to mfp to kickstart the good habits that have slipped slightly
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    This is how the WHOLE process will go... Work on your regrouping skills. There's no 'perfect' out there that any of us magically get to. Just more better days than worse.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Next time keep the weekend to one day
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you lost an awful lot of weight in 2.5 weeks-be sure to eat the recommended minimum for your profile.
  • ladiiloyalty3
    ladiiloyalty3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone there is some well to the point motivation here... I appreciate it.
  • ladiiloyalty3
    ladiiloyalty3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    liz78c wrote: »
    ok, so you indulged over the weekend. We all do. The bits to focus on is the successes previously and reapply those as of today. You lost 13lbs (well done) with your eating previously so you know what to do and how to do it so just apply again.

Life contains birthdays, christmas and holidays and you are allowed to indulge. Just learn some tricks so that you dont indulge quite so heavily next time (remember the bloated feeling) but you still indulge in some of those treats.

Ive learnt that i dont have to drink at every social event I go to, and that a couple of glasses of wine followed by a run the following morning is so much better feeling than a couple of bottles and a hangover the following morning.... I still enjoy wine etc. I still lose weight, and have recently come back to mfp to kickstart the good habits that have slipped slightly

What's amazing is I have told myself all of these including where someone said keep the weekend to one day.. Absolutely.. I have learned that maybe next time I don't have to go all out.. That was my biggest fail is that I drank a lot and there were dips and pizza... & very well made amaretto sours and jello shots followed the day after hangover which gave me no energy to think about eating healthy and that's where day two began.

Although I do know what I will do differently.. I was able to feel amazing and get on track. I have been doing my research. Time to drink lots of water no added sugars and low carbs no alcohol the next couple of weeks..

I love mfp with that alone I have been doing some amazing things.. Thank you all again for the tips
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    It's natural to be very excited & enthused at the beginning. But, take a deep breath. This is a new way of doing things and you're learning. So there will be mistakes and setbacks, loss of motivation, maybe boredom, some discouragement, challenging social situations, off-putting comments from others - you name it.

The bottom line is just stay the course. Stay with it. Keep going. Forgive yourself for whatever you perceive to be bad choices and move on. I can't say it enough: stay with it.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    believe me you've not undone all your work, it was just a few days of overindulging. When I was loosing the bulk, I got so paranoid that if I had a day or two of over my goal, I'd gain. This isn't the case! It takes a lot to actually gain once you're in the mindset of loosing (unless it's christmas and you eat your body weight in cheese as I discovered..) just do a quick workout, get yourself sweating, reward that workout with a good nutritious meal and boom, you're back on track!
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    It takes a lot to actually gain once you're in the mindset of loosing (unless it's christmas and you eat your body weight in cheese as I discovered..)

Glad to see I'm not the only one ROTFL
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    4 weeks in and I'm loosening up and allowing myself a few extra indulgences that work within my calorie goal. I also had to set myself up with a plan for social situations (which seem to happen weekly lately). For me, it works to plan for them. I estimate how many calories I will eat, I work out AND eat tiny breakfasts/lunch that day, I bank some extra calories during the week before, and I have been able to stay within my weekly calorie goal.

You sound like you have lost a lot of weight in a very short amount of time. Is that too fast or is it mostly initial water weight?
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    this is the story of my life, I love that you posted about it & I can look to you and see what everyones responses are. thank you for posting!