YO-YO on the Scale

Options
I changed my eating habits about 4 weeks ago...last week I weighed in and I had lost 9 lbs. That's good, I know...but today I stepped on the scale and it shows I GAINED 3 lbs! My eating habits are still the same (1200-1250 calories per day). I drink at least 12 cups of water per day. I started exercising even more during this past week...not sure why I have a gain, a little frustrated. :s

Replies

• frenchystamps
    frenchystamps Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I've gained 4 lbs. I wonder if part of what I lost was water weight. Try not to get discouraged. The other thing is, if you're excercising more, you may be gaining muscle. You might try measuring your body instead. But, yes, I agree. Frustrating!
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I've gained 4 lbs. I wonder if part of what I lost was water weight. Try not to get discouraged. The other thing is, if you're excercising more, you may be gaining muscle. You might try measuring your body instead. But, yes, I agree. Frustrating!

Yeah, it sucks.... how many weeks are you in now?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    It happens. It's worse because of being female, you gain pretty much because you have ovaries. Are you near ToM?
  • Kelley0519
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    It happens. It's worse because of being female, you gain pretty much because you have ovaries. Are you near ToM?

I'm a different BC and I haven't have a "ToM" since September, but my Dr says that should change real soon. Normally, my ToM would occur around the last week of the month, so maybe I'm still having the symptoms.
  • thatthingyoudoula
    thatthingyoudoula Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I gained more when I did have periods. Now that I'm on the mini pill with no periods, my weight is pretty stable.
  • Kelley0519
    Options
    I noticed that I gained more when I did have periods. Now that I'm on the mini pill with no periods, my weight is pretty stable.

I'm was on the shot, don't like it AT ALL! It should be leaving my system soon....my Dr says it can take up a year to leave my system completely.
  • thatthingyoudoula
    thatthingyoudoula Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I did the shot and luckily I didn't have any really bad side effects. I liked having no periods but it did take 18 months to get a period again. It did cause some leg pains and depression with my bipolar 1 disorder. The mini pill is my go-to as any extra estrogen messes me up. I really like it. It also keeps me on a schedule, as I can't slack on taking it. Great help in waking up to start the day.
  • Kelley0519
    Options
    I did the shot and luckily I didn't have any really bad side effects. I liked having no periods but it did take 18 months to get a period again. It did cause some leg pains and depression with my bipolar 1 disorder. The mini pill is my go-to as any extra estrogen messes me up. I really like it. It also keeps me on a schedule, as I can't slack on taking it. Great help in waking up to start the day.

Yeah, the shot had me feeling depressed and I had my bipolar moments; laughing and joyful to crying my eyes out.. :| definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone...last time I stopped the shot, it took my 8 months to regain a period and I had 2 a month, that's why I went back on it. This time I'd rather have the 2 periods a month instead of the shot's side effects