My thoughts on the new quest bar

Options
Just had the new quest bar in smores flavor. And here is my review!(: so initially, it felt hard and I was thinking "shoot, it's the same, old, dry formula. It still has the corn fiber and everything else fyi. When I opened it, it was still hard and firm on the outside, but looked wayyyy more moist and not as dry/ crumbly. I bit into and the texture is way different. It still has the same taste and did taste pretty good, but the texture was more like a baked cake. It wasn't hard, dry, and didn't break apart when I bit into it! It literally had a cake like texture kind of like the oh yeah one bars! Not chewy at all either. It def has my approval compared to the last formula. It still has the same taste, maybe a little better, but the texture and moistness has definitely improved in the bar!(: some snapshots of the bar below

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It definitely looks more cakey/moister than previously. Though wasn't smores introduced after the formula change anyway?
    Are the calories/macros any different?
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yeh, my guess is they still raise blood sugar, spiking insulin and storing fat. No thanks! :)
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    Yes, but they changed the formula again.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,616 Member
    Options
    That looks very promising for the pliability I now require. :)
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    Def better than they were before @glassyo :smiley:
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Have you tried ten seconds in the microwave? I've started doing that with smores and chocolate chip cookie dough ones.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I got the email and signed up to get 2 new formula ones free in mail.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I received the two free bars and they do not taste the same as the old recipe. I think many people will be happy with what you've done because they have sadly forgotten how good the old bars were. I hate the artificial taste they have. They do not taste the same, more like a fake not as good knock off bar would taste. Not worth spending hundreds of dollars a month on and not something I really want to eat. There are way better bars out there now than quest. The old formula was top notch though. I wish you they would make the old recipe for us fans to buy in addition to the new ones. They really taste so different now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for my bars, but I admit I ordered two flavors I haven't eaten a lot, so we'll see!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the review! I wish they'd go back to the old formula entirely but this is better than nothing! I received my sample bars but it was so cold outside they were like a brick when they arrived so I couldn't eat them and I still have yet to try one! It's a bad blizzard here so they're my back up plan if we lose power xD
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Whoa they look really different. I bet the texture is better but man the taste change is what bothered me most so if they taste the same as the previous formula I don't know..
  • pinggolfer96
    edited January 2016
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Whoa they look really different. I bet the texture is better but man the taste change is what bothered me most so if they taste the same as the previous formula I don't know..

Yeah taste was pretty much the same/: the texture helped a little with the taste, but still pretty much the same!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Heh, there's free shipping or something on the bars. They're really trying to make up for the forumla. At least I didn't have to pay for the freebies. :p
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    what, there's a third formula now? sheesh. can't keep up.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    jacklifts wrote: »
    what, there's a third formula now? sheesh. can't keep up.
    They didn't change anything so the labeling is exactly the same, they just changed the "ratio" they claim.
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    I am (not as much anymore) such a quest addict, that I found the original bars and a whole box of the original cookie dough unopened in my pantry last night. Moving apartments and had to clear them out. Soooo excited and they haven't expired yet! :smiley:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I am (not as much anymore) such a quest addict, that I found the original bars and a whole box of the original cookie dough unopened in my pantry last night. Moving apartments and had to clear them out. Soooo excited and they haven't expired yet! :smiley:

I've been eating expired ones and they are fine, lol.
  • jgwriternyc
    jgwriternyc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Any way to tell the difference in the stores, so I know I'm buying the "new" batch....?
    Thanks
    -Jeff in NYC