Any good cereals or alternative?

Options
2»

Replies

• stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Do people actually get full from cereal? It's never done it for me.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Any cereal that you love to eat and it fits into your daily calories is good. I've had from Lucky Charms, Cocoa Pebbles, Corn Flakes, Raisin Bran... etc. (seriously any cereal) and I'm losing weight. :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    stmokomoko wrote: »

Protein, fat and fiber are filling.

Look for cereal with one or more of these attributes. Then combine it with 2% milk or yogurt.

This is why sugary cereals don't work for me. Too many calories wasted (IMO). If I want something sweet, I'd rather "spend the calories" on chocolate...not Trix (nasty!).
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Count chocula.
  • NotParis
    NotParis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you absolutely love it, you can still have it. Just make sure you read the nutritional guidelines, measure out a serving. I love honey nut cheerios and I do eat them occasionally. You can't give up everything you love forever, that is how failure happens. Moderation is the key!!
  • erianswilliams
    erianswilliams Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Plain Cheerios are good. I also like Kashi. Oatmeal is a big go-to for me though. It keeps me full until lunch.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Definitely not me, but Weetabix with Greek yogurt usually works.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I will have a 30g serving of fiber one, and a hard boiled egg, if in a rush to get out the door. It's in my bag of tricks to never skip breakfast.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options

Nope, even if I add peanut butter and protein powder to cooked rolled oats, it's still only good for a bedtime snack, and not a breakfast that is supposed to hold me until lunch.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    kashi golean has good fiber and protien content to keep you full
    though right now I'm eating the strawberry miniwheats. mmmm
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I just had semolina porridge, and I can see why you call it "cream of wheat" :D
    Made with whole milk, water, salt, and with a small pat of butter, there's no need for added sugar.
    I also had some pomegranate, and rutabaga cut into sticks. Delicious lunch.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I prefer Cap'n Crunch myself.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I'm making my way through a box of the holiday captain crunch but I'm mostly a frosted flakes/apple jacks/peanut butter cheerios/vanilla almond crunch kind of girl.

Really, cereal on its own doesn't fill me up (and I don't eat breakfast anyway) so I have a bowl with some unsweetened coconut milk at night with a bunch of other foods.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Nope, even if I add peanut butter and protein powder to cooked rolled oats, it's still only good for a bedtime snack, and not a breakfast that is supposed to hold me until lunch.

To be fair, I haven't found any breakfast that would hold me for longer than 4 hours yet, and 4 hours is still pushing it... unless I eat over 600 calories for breakfast.
  • shannsmom69
    shannsmom69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We've been having Special K chocolate delight lately...it makes you feel like you're eating something sinful, but you're not.