I hope I'm not the only woman who experiences this frustration!

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well if it makes you feel better, I'm a size 6 now after losing close to 80 pounds... and I still have the same problem! Between the belly pouch from loose skin and my genetics (wide waist, plus the fat I have left is on my hips and mixed with loose skin on my belly, and I have slim legs), I still pretty much have to choose between a small muffin top, or very loose fabric on the legs and butt. It sucks.

Plus most jeans now have a low rise, which does NOT work. I need a high rise to tuck in the belly pouch. So I've found *one* kind of jeans that works - 'perfect fit' from Lee. Not the best quality unfortunately and my cat has scratched a couple pairs already, but they're the only one that fit well at the legs (I get a tiny muffin top but it disappears when I pull the jeans up all the way - but even if they are a bit loose, I have that muffin top anyway because I have a 31'' waist). Only place I find them are online now (Kohls is the cheapest, if you wait until they get on sale).

Hope it helps a little. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread in case someone has more suggestions!
  • Teamdhb120
    Teamdhb120 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had cool sculpting on my sides with good results and I'm giving up wine for the month of February and doing a 30 day squat challenge in addition to my regular exercise. I'm hoping to see a flatter stomach by this time next month.
  • Thatonechickoverthere
    Options
    I can relate to you guys so much, I feel less alone now! I definitely have the same issues, I need high rise jeans to tuck in said belly, and I'm an average height but my pants also wind up being too long! I guess this is bad news for me if I ever get pregnant I might never get rid of baby weight, and yeah I have a feeling my belly weight will be the last to go on my current weight loss journey.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    I can relate to you guys so much, I feel less alone now! I definitely have the same issues, I need high rise jeans to tuck in said belly, and I'm an average height but my pants also wind up being too long! I guess this is bad news for me if I ever get pregnant I might never get rid of baby weight, and yeah I have a feeling my belly weight will be the last to go on my current weight loss journey.

Not necessarily. I lost all my baby weight in 3 weeks (which didn't happen last time I was pregnant). Every pregnancy is different!
    Anyway, I do have a muffin top thanks to just having a huge baby. I wear spanx /compression shorts under my jeans. They really help not only with holding in the muffin top but with shrinking it down too. I also prefer skinny jeans with a little bit of stretch which are more flattering.
  • PhreePanda
    PhreePanda Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm having this issue as well. Which, I didn't have this last time I lost. I don't think I did anyway. My hips fat pokes over my legs. It's weird. I could go on and on about my proportion issues.

It will get better though. Keep fighting the fat fight!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Wanna know the lazy answer? Yoga pants :)
    Haha. Might not work for everyone but I haven't worn anything but stretchy pants for years. Leggings and yoga pants are my go to. They don't look like frump unless I wear other frumpies. I have a very big tummy and my issue with pants was that "front gap" where my belly ended but there was a big space between the bottom of my tummy and the crotch of the pants. That drove me away from jeans until I have a level surface, which once I have loose skin instead of belly fat will be contained with shape ware.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    Wanna know the lazy answer? Yoga pants :)
    Haha. Might not work for everyone but I haven't worn anything but stretchy pants for years. Leggings and yoga pants are my go to. They don't look like frump unless I wear other frumpies. I have a very big tummy and my issue with pants was that "front gap" where my belly ended but there was a big space between the bottom of my tummy and the crotch of the pants. That drove me away from jeans until I have a level surface, which once I have loose skin instead of belly fat will be contained with shape ware.

Honestly don't even know where to get some that are light and comfortable and don't scream 'workout clothes'. The only two I have that look fine as everyday clothes have heavier fabric and I do use those when it's cold out (could never use them to workout anyway).

I do wear leggings with dresses but they have to go up enough on my waist or it makes my hips look really weird.
  • ChrisRendon1128
    ChrisRendon1128 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You should go to Burlington's and check out their jeggings.. They're so comfy and are form-fitting.
  • ameliadlt
    ameliadlt Posts: 64 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Uhg! yes! lost 70 lbs and my belly seemed like it stayed the same. I lost motivation from that...and from just being human. Gained by half and am working on getting back to where I was! round and round we go
  • Thatonechickoverthere
    Options
    I don't think I'm skinny enough yet for yoga pants or leggings...