Snacks

Options
Singleys
Singleys Posts: 124 Member
What are your top, go to easy snacks? Go!

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Rolled up deli meat and lowfat cheese sticks were my snack today. I really like Nature Valley bars but they're a lot heavier calorie wise. Nuts of any sort. Boiled eggs (more expensive but you can buy them pre-made).
  • Singleys
    Options
    Awesome ty!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    String cheese, nuts, wasabi peas, fudge pops, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, protein bars, Greek yogurt, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn, apples & peanut butter, cheese and crackers, Skinny Cow ice cream bars, fruit
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    It depends on my calories and how active I've been that day. If I have some calories to spare I like Wheat Thins and some deli turkey. A hard boiled egg is always good. If I'm really short on calories I'll just eat the egg white. A handful of grapes or other fruit. I also always keep a bag of sunflower seeds at my desk. I'm a boredom eater so eating something like sunflower seeds keep my mouth/mind busy without actually eating that much because shelling them takes time.

If you have the time and a food dehydrator, homemade fruit leather (think home made fruit roll ups) are so delicious and taste like candy. And you can do any flavor combination you want. I've done strawberry, strawberry/mango, pineapple/mango/lime, pineapple/raspberry, mango/pineapple, the list goes on and on.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If I think ahead i make popcorn with my air popper, I control what I put on it and I just love munching. If I'm on my way out the door, I grab whatever fruit I have lying around. Clementines are in season, or a handful of peanuts.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I love these: http://www.harvestsnaps.com/products/flavor/snapea-crisps-lightly-salted

Or if I am in the mood for chocolate I eat some chocolate chips.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Baked chickpeas. A bit of olive oil, some tony chateres, some parm cheese.
  • lyndseybellz
    lyndseybellz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt!
  • Singleys
    Options
    All great ideas! Ty all. I've tried baking the chickpeas once. They came out horrible. I chock it up to user error and I'll have to try it again :)
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Carrots, celery, or cucumber with sriracha hummus or light dill dip, lunch meat and cheese sticks, fruit, 100 calorie ice cream sundae cups, homemade popcorn, for a chocolate fix I like chocolate cat cookies for people or smashing smores from Trader Joe's
  • malinowynos
    malinowynos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is a serving of Finn crisp crackers (2 crackers @ 40 calories total) and divide a laughing cow cheese wedge (35 calories) between the two. You can get creative with topping it with stuff, but my favorite add ons are either some low sodium deli ham or sliced grape tomatoes. Super tasty, quick, and pretty filling!