So embarrassed....

Options
Hi All!!

I'm Jaz. I'm 5'7" 240.8 lbs and extremely embarrassed. I have been overweight the majority of my life and today I hit my highest weight. I'm embarrassed because I know my countless failures, countless diets, gym memberships etc etc etc...and to be honest I'm so sick of it all....I usually don't expose my feelings of failure, but I figure the only way to be true to this process is to admit my failures. I haven't looked at myself in the mirror for years and I am finally ready to look at the reality I am dealing with.

I re-joined MFP today because I need to be held accountable and gain control of this situation that has gotten completely out of control. I hope through keeping in touch with the MFP community I find some motivation and inspiration during the challenging days.

On the bright side I have 2 beautiful boys under 2 :) , am married to an awesomely supportive husband, and am turning 30 in 1 week. I've lived the past 30 years trapped in my body and mind, I really want to live the rest of my life free of this horrible roller-coaster ride I can't seem to get off!!

My diet of choice is the Ketogenic diet. I've done Atkins before with much success and am looking to maintain a low carb diet for my weight loss journey.

I wish everyone great success!! I know its going to suck and be hard, but hopefully we'll have each others' back!!!

SW: 240.8
CW: 240.8
GW: 170

Add me as a fried if you'd like and I'll add you!

Replies

• dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Logging food in MFP daily will do wonders!
  • serrano2886
    serrano2886 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you dotti1121
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! The only way anyone can get through this is with support. As soon as I built a group of friends on here that regularly log and post, staying with it became so much easier. Best of luck!
  • Astinaria
    Astinaria Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have currently started Keto as well and so far I am loving it. It is really more of a lifestyle change rather then a diet. Once I started changing what I eat (less sugar) I seemed to start enjoying foods that I used to dislike. I find that I have less of an urge to snack, and my husband is also super supportive and is doing this change with me so that makes it pretty easy.

The first thing we did was completely overhaul the kitchen. If we couldn't eat it, we removed it. We ended up donating a lot of food to our local food bank and ended up giving some of it away to friends as well.

And I completely agree that having friends is a great way to keep yourself accountable. If people are succeeding it's more likely to make me want to succeed as well. And if I come across hard times there is always someone to talk to.

I know you have two babies and that is completely awesome. My goal is to lose enough weight so I can have a healthy pregnancy.

Sorry for my ramblings.. my thoughts tend to jump around a lot while I am typing.

:)
  • sborek0827
    sborek0827 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I had great success doing the keto diet, unfortunately whenever I woukd really get into ketosis my body would break out in hives so I had to give it up. Hope it works out better for you than it did for me
  • bex_2016
    bex_2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, you can do this! Feel free to add me - the more friends on this journey the better! Xx
  • serrano2886
    Options
    Thank you ladies!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's not an easy process, it takes time, energy, and dedication.

BUT YOU CAN TOTALLY DO THIS.

Welcome to MFP!

• serrano2886
    Options
    Thank you jennifer_417!!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, here is a link to the main low carber forum group in MFP. It's where most of us Ketofiles hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • LMHG2015
    LMHG2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First of all: good for you for being true to yourself and putting it all out there. This is my 1st day on MFP, so I am new. I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm at my highest weight as well. Ugh. But...I believe God created us to live in community (even online ones) so I'd be honored if you added me as a friend. Congrats on your two boys! I'm also not familiar w Keto diet, so I'll have to check it out!
  • Pablo1021
    Pablo1021 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome testimonial. You're going to be successful because you want it bad enough!