New and Commited!!!!

Options
nmescalera
nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
Sooooo heres the story..... my husband and i both let ourselfs go after us getting married, having kids, and just being overly comfortable with each other. We both decided to go on this journey together...... unfortunatly i have about 100-120 that i need to loose havent decided what i want just kind of going to see what happens. He only has about 50lbs to be where he wants to be so i have way further to go. I'm ready to kick this in the butt!!!! Feel free to add me I would love the company on my journey since my husband doesnt want to sign up on here! lol

Replies

• myheartinsf1
    Options
    Welcome I am pretty new I totally love mfp. Feel free to add me.:) good luck with your journey.
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! you will love this site!! add me if you like
  • HSmamato4
    HSmamato4 Posts: 70
    Options
    You sound like me an my husband-it seems so unfair. It's the height factor lol! My dh has about 100 to lose and my ultimate is 175. Yeah, that's like a person and a half. But I'm determined too. NEVER AGAIN!!! We can do it together-feel free to add me as well!
  • Jitterbug5
    Options
    Hi everybody! It's time to start taking care of me now. I'm 37 and it's my turn right?
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! It's time to start taking care of me now. I'm 37 and it's my turn right?

Heck Yes!!!! As women we take care of everything and everyone.... Time to start taking care of yourself now!! Its not selfish to do it because we want to be healthy for not only our selfs but to live a longer and healthy life for our familys :0) I acctually had some one tell me some thing that stuck in my head......... If you live a heathy life style your kids will follow you. We teach our kids from the start that they need to Bath, brush their teeth, and change their undies right so when they grow up they dont have to call us for reminders of that. By showing our kids and family from the start that we need to be active and eat healthy it grows with them and sticks the same way basic other things do.
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting on here and grabbing the bull! You can do this.. and I saw you have a new bike to help with that too-- Yaay! Both my hubby and I have been working on our weights .. well, since I met him. *Apparently* he used to body build, and be a trainer... :) We're both at about the same weight, but certainly have different approaches of working it off. I choose to go as natural as I can, eat clean, count my calories and work out ( I'm pretty new on here too)... he takes supplements,has protein shakes, works out hard care for a few days and then nothing for weeks, will have meals of Mr. Noodles and a couple slices of bread ( or on the flip side, 3 peppers, celery, grapes, an apple and a banana) , and will finish off his evening with a King can of Budweiser. Oh, well-- I'll kick his butt anyway!! :)
    But yeah, enjoy the ride on here and add me if you want--looking forward to seeing you soar!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    If you live a heathy life style your kids will follow you. We teach our kids from the start that they need to Bath, brush their teeth, and change their undies right so when they grow up they dont have to call us for reminders of that. By showing our kids and family from the start that we need to be active and eat healthy it grows with them and sticks the same way basic other things do.

Amen to that!!
  • cpht1972
    cpht1972 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi
    I just joined, and am looking forward to sharing my progress with everyone.
    I was just diagnosed with Diabetes on May 26th, 2011. Being diagnosed, made me think... about the fact that I need to take care of myself a LOT more. I am a single (widow) mom of 4 wonderful kids. The two girls (11 & 12) are through my first husband. The two boys (5&6) are through my late husband. I am in somewhat of a relationship... don't know where it will go, but he's a great help to my family. He takes care of my kids while I am at work, helps them with homework, points them in the right direction, is there for me, cooks dinner... I couldn't ask for a better person.
    I am turning 39 this year, and want to lose weight for health issues and for me personally. It's been awhile since I was able to see my feet. I loved being in the military, because of the everyday workout. If only I had continued that. It's been 20 years since I joined the army, and have gained 70 some pounds. Pregnancy never made me gain and keep weight, it's the fact that I became lazy and didn't really care.
  • Rubyrose50
    Rubyrose50 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm new too, feel free to add!
  • Jitterbug5
    Options
    I totally agree. My son is about to be seventeen and it's time for me to really take charge of my needs. You are right about the way we love and care for our kids. I am honestly inspired by everyone in this program. Life is good and i want to live it the best way possible. HEALTHY!!!