Need help with cravings (Pizza & wings)

Options
2»

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Have the food you want sometimes. A Pizza Hut personal pan pepperoni is something like 620 calories. That should be able to fit into your calorie budget fairly easily.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken tenderloin with hot sauce spread over them is my favorite...I dip them in a Blue Cheese/light sour cream dressing!! Find slightly healthier ways to incorporate what you love into your new health conscious lifestyle.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Pizza and wings every weekend. Make it work into your calories and never give up anything you crave ever again.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I eat the foods I enjoy. I just track/account for it.

One aspect: quantity. My husband can eat a whole large pizza, and sometimes does. He generally regrets it - due to the heart burn and the way the body feels after eating a huge mass of food with a significant amount of grease. In the past there have been many times where I have over-eaten because I enjoyed the taste of something. Now I try to have a better balance, eat slower, and keep in mind I want to eat until satiated - not eat until I feel like I'm going to explode.

Another aspect: look for ways you can lower the calories of your favorite things. When eating wings out, I ask for baked wings. Still taste great, but less fat/calories. At home, I buy the store brand frozen wings and cook them in the air fryer. They're very good, and less calories than actual 'fried' wings. For pizza, consider your crust, cheese and topping choices. Dominos for example, the hand tossed or pan crusts are the highest in calories. The thin or Brooklyn style are lower cals. Avoid 'extra' cheese. And in terms of the meats, don't go overboard. A couple slices of pepperoni will have less cals than a couple slices of Meatzza (which is 4 meats AND extra cheese).
    I am new to MFP in regards to using the community forums. I have been losing weight but now I am stuck and have been for a couple of months. I need to lose 40 pounds to help me with a degenerative disc problem. Any real advise or tips that have helped your craving issues would be appreciated, please add me as a friend to see my dieting.

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Also my downfall!
    The Skinny Taste blog has lots of Buffalo options - chicken strips, cauliflower, dip, meatballs if you're craving a buffalo flavor. Baked wings with different sauces are lighter too. (Alton Brown has a steam-then-bake method that makes the skin really crispy, and you can choose a lower-calorie sauce).

When out, smaller portions might be your key here - fill up on something low-cal and have 3-4 wings instead of a bigger order (in my area you can usually order per wing, otherwise . . . share with a buddy?). I usually save exercise cals and look at my net calories over the week to have room for pizza and wings when I know they're coming. I don't eat them all the time, but I am not giving them up!
  • Emelie649
    Emelie649 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had a cheesy flat bread pizza and when I logged it told me it was better for me so that works! Also I pick one day a week for a cheat day.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love pizza but I don't love the calories in Pizza especially restaurant pizza. So I make my own pizza from scratch and it's less than 400 cals.