I do interactive status updates & would love more accountabuddies!

Options
Hi everyone!

My name is Whitney and I just started my journey towards fitness, weight loss and general kickassery on January 20th and I'd love to have even more supportive and motivating friends...just like you! The people I've met so far on MFP are such a source of inspiration to me, and make staying focused hella easier. It really is true; there is strength in numbers.

If you're considering adding me as a friend, here's a few things you may want to know:

1. WIW - every Wednesday, I post a status update on my timeline with my weekly weigh in and encourage my pals to reply with a comment on that status with their info. That way, there's one consolidated spot where we can check in with each other's progress and cheer each other on!

2. NSV Sunday - And because the scale can sometimes be a fickle little b*tch, I also post a status on Sunday's where we can all share a weekly NSV. No matter how big or small the victory, it's a nice reminder to enjoy the journey and to focus on the real reasons we're doing this...quality of life!

If you want to know more about me:

I'm 5'2
SW: 223.4
CW: 216.2
GW: 125ish

I lift 5 days per week, using dumbells at home. That's the only exercise I'm currently doing.
I'm pretty transparent, because bad days happen and that's ok.
I'm ridiculous, but I mean well.

Replies

• soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have you as a friend. Feel free to add me. I was on here once before and lost 40 pounds. Life happened along with many stressful events and I gained it all back and then some. I weigh on Thursday-just seems to be a good day for me. Love to help encourage you on your journey.
  • Robo_mooh
    Robo_mooh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sounds fab - I'll add you!
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me along with anyone else. I'm 26 F
    sw: 205
    Cw: 197
    Gw: undetermined but I'm thinking around 140
  • whitt125
    whitt125 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Lovely meeting you all! Requests sent/accepted!
  • sashenka899
    sashenka899 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just started on here, so anyone looking for weightloss/lifestyle change buddies feel free to add me :)

I'm 26, 5'5

SW 170
    CW 169
    GW 121 (maaybe)
  • whitt125
    Options
    Hey! I just started on here, so anyone looking for weightloss/lifestyle change buddies feel free to add me :)

I'm 26, 5'5

SW 170
    CW 169
    GW 121 (maaybe)

I feel ya on the "maybe". It's been so long since I was at a healthy weight that I don't know what I'll love looking and feeling like until I actually get there.

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I need more interactive friends! I'll add you!
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Add me xx
  • whitt125
    Options
    Got ya Lily!
  • hayleymc3
    hayleymc3 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I'm adding you. :)
  • yourhiddengem
    yourhiddengem Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You sound awesome. We should be friends :) I'm currently maintaining as I lost all the weight last year but I'm on here to make sure I maintain now :)
  • whitt125
    Options
    You sound awesome. We should be friends :) I'm currently maintaining as I lost all the weight last year but I'm on here to make sure I maintain now :)

Let's! You could be my guru!
  • MikeLeTwigg
    MikeLeTwigg Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi Whitney,

I've been on here since May last year and active every day. So far I am down from 125KG (275Ibs) to 95KG (210Ibs). I cycle nut so most of my workouts are cardio based. I'm hopefully going to mix up some lifting in the coming months.

Always interested in adding interesting people who are committed to their journey

Feel free to add me
  • LornaDrach
    LornaDrach Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Please add me.
    I'm 5'4
    SW: 166
    CW: 166
    GW: 130

I workout at home with the 21 Day fix workout dvd's which include weights and cardio 5X a week. I work full time and have a sedentary job so activity is often hard to squeeze in.
  • kezzle
    kezzle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Feel free to add me
    Relapsed quite a few times now but really need to get my butt in gear!! I get married next year
    5.5 F
    SW 208
    GW 155
  • marylenw
    marylenw Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Everyone can add me. I lift weights with my hubby every morning, I call him the workout nazi. I'm not really losing weight but I have lost inches which is more important to me. My legs and arms are starting to show some muscle too
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I would love some interactive friends! I have been on and off MFP for several years. The first time I lost 75lb. Life got crazy and stress took over, I gained that all back and then some. I am back and ready to take control of my life and this time no matter what life throws at me I WILL do this and maintain.

SW- 257 (1/31/16)
    GW- 150
  • Aubrey_Montgomery
    Aubrey_Montgomery Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I lost 75lbs before getting pregnant again! Now I'm trying to stay accountable and not gain more than recommended! :)
  • DOAK07
    DOAK07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to have more interactive friends as well feel free to add me!
    SW 151.8
    CW 149.4
    GW 135 (maybe)
    5'5.5"
  • tsroberts5
    tsroberts5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 70 lbs to lose and definitely could use some motivation!