Protein Shakes

Options
jennahudson01
jennahudson01 Posts: 232 Member
Hey all :) just wondering what's your favorite protein shake and why ?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hey all

Why did you make the title of this thread "Protein Shakes", then just say "Hey all"?
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    latest?cb=20140919125210
  • jennahudson01
    edited February 2016
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    Hey all

Why did you make the title of this thread "Protein Shakes", then just say "Hey all"?

Everytime I type something on this app it only enters the first two words lol .. I always have to edit and repost my bad you to quick for me !
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Isopure Dutch Chocolate, 50g of protein per serving, 1g of fat, 3g of carbs, 220 calories, and it's delicious
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Trutein.

Because:

1) They disclose the ratios of protein they use rather than hiding it in a "proprietary blend" (which means the manufacturer can put whatever ratios they want and don't have to tell you).

2) It's a blend of whey, casein and egg - so both fast and slower-digesting proteins.

3) It tastes freaking delicious. Chocolate Truffle is my favorite, but Cinnabun is really good also. The casein also makes it thicker than a straight whey shake, which I like. Can't stand watery shakes.

4) It mixes up easily in a shaker bottle. Don't get dry clumps of protein in my drink and don't need to dirty a blender just to mix a shake.
  • jennahudson01
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Trutein.

Because:

1) They disclose the ratios of protein they use rather than hiding it in a "proprietary blend" (which means the manufacturer can put whatever ratios they want and don't have to tell you).

2) It's a blend of whey, casein and egg - so both fast and slower-digesting proteins.

3) It tastes freaking delicious. Chocolate Truffle is my favorite, but Cinnabun is really good also. The casein also makes it thicker than a straight whey shake, which I like. Can't stand watery shakes.

4) It mixes up easily in a shaker bottle. Don't get dry clumps of protein in my drink and don't need to dirty a blender just to mix a shake.

Wow good to know #1! And mm cinnabun haha.. You use milk or water ? I hate those dry clumps !

• AnvilHead
    Options
    Trutein.

Because:

Wow good to know #1! And mm cinnabun haha.. You use milk or water ? I hate those dry clumps !

I mix it with 8 oz. nonfat milk and usually add 4 oz. water also just to make the shake a little bigger.

The Chocolate Truffle tastes good enough to me that I consider it as much a "treat" as I do a supplement. I've tried a lot of different protein powders and this is the first one that I actually enjoy drinking.

They also make a protein pudding mix which is pretty good (I've only tried the chocolate). I'll have that as my nighttime snack a few nights a week. The stuff mixes up nice and thick, and if you refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes before you eat it, it's as thick as cake frosting!
  • jennahudson01
    Options
    Trutein.

Because:

I mix it with 8 oz. nonfat milk and usually add 4 oz. water also just to make the shake a little bigger.

The Chocolate Truffle tastes good enough to me that I consider it as much a "treat" as I do a supplement. I've tried a lot of different protein powders and this is the first one that I actually enjoy drinking.

They also make a protein pudding mix which is pretty good (I've only tried the chocolate). I'll have that as my nighttime snack a few nights a week. The stuff mixes up nice and thick, and if you refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes before you eat it, it's as thick as cake frosting!

Oh my god protein pudding and cake frosting lol I'm about to go bake a protein cake, your giving me good ideas though in how to include my protein powder into daily foods and snacks :)
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    I guess I should add the disclaimer that I don't work for them or own stock in the company or anything, lol. :) I tried their protein after hearing a few recommendations from other people and it turned out that they were right and I liked it. Another nice thing is that you can order sample packets of different flavors pretty cheaply off their website, so you don't have to commit to a 2 lb. tub of something you end up hating.
  • TigressMink
    TigressMink Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get up into healthy weight range atm, so have been using Musashi Bulk Extreme protein in Choco Mint flavour. Mixed with skim milk it gives 51g protein, 10g fat, 65g carbs and 556 calories a serve.

The Choco mint is awesome because I'm able to mix my vital greens powder in with it and the "grassy" taste just kind of blends with the fresh zing of the mint and it is just delicious!!
  • karwowski1992
    karwowski1992 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    NLA for her

Because its good
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dynmatize when I drink protein shakes and Quest for cooking.
  • jennahudson01
    Options
    I'm trying to get up into healthy weight range atm, so have been using Musashi Bulk Extreme protein in Choco Mint flavour. Mixed with skim milk it gives 51g protein, 10g fat, 65g carbs and 556 calories a serve.

The Choco mint is awesome because I'm able to mix my vital greens powder in with it and the "grassy" taste just kind of blends with the fresh zing of the mint and it is just delicious!!

Oo The Choco mint sounds really good speaking of grassy, anybody know of any protein shakes that are mostly natural extracts ?
  • BenOsen3
    BenOsen3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I bought some BSN Cinnamon Bun on sale from bb.com. It might the best tasting shake I've ever had.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Muscle pharm combat cookies and cream because:
    1. It tastess pretty good
    2. 25 grams of protien
    3. Costco sells a 5 pound tub for 45 bucks and as a broke college kid that's pretty damn cheap.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Hey all :) just wondering what's your favorite protein shake and why ?

I like the Met-Rx brand myself.
    Tastes decent and fits nicely into my macros/calorie goals.

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    2. 25 grams of protien
    3. Costco sells a 5 pound tub for 45 bucks and as a broke college kid that's pretty damn cheap.

One of the supp shops near me, will have sales for $30 on 5 lb tubs, and so when they do, I try to pick up one or two.
  • jennahudson01
    Options
    2. 25 grams of protien

Haha! That is a good deal ! the protein shake I use is 85$ :'(:'( luckily it's only like a once a year purchase though :)
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    2. 25 grams of protien

Haha! That is a good deal ! the protein shake I use is 85$ :'(:'( luckily it's only like a once a year purchase though :)

Definitely couldn't afford that lol. The best part was last time I went to buy it it was $9 off. 36 bucks for 5 pounds, best deal of my life.
  • time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Allmax isoflex - Vanilla. Mixed with vanilla almond milk. Ah-maz-ing