....Here I Go Again!

Options
Hello to all MyFitnessPal LifeChangers!

After four years of being on MyFitnessPal, I'm back to do it again. I was so successful the first time, but was in an automobile accident that pushed me right back to my old weigh and more.

So, in August, 2015, my yearly check-up revealed my weight was the most I ever weighted. I also developed very high cholesterol and blood sugar levels were high. I dislike medication. I avoid taking anything, if all possible. It was time for a change. I started back working out and watching my diet. To date, I have lost over 31 lbs,, but my cholesterol and blood sugar has not changed. I need to do more.

Also, I have decided to run a 5K in April and 1/2 marathon in May. Two weeks ago, I started my training. Please know that I am not a runner. I hate to run, but I also want to push myself to do something challenging that will be rewarding on all levels.

Beside running now....or really run/walk...I am nowhere near being a so-called runner yet...I do pilates, Zumba, and personal strength training. My goal is to improve my health, lose another 30 lbs., and achieve activities I never dreams of succeeding in.

I will be 50 years old this year....Hard to believe. So, having an amazing body to hide the true age will be amazing plus.

Love to meet others like me or even those that need encouragement. Without each other, we can't win this fight alone.

Best of luck to whatever you are seeking to achieve on MyFitnessPal...YOU CAN DO IT!

Been there, done it and doing it again. Hopefully, never return to that dreadful weight again!
Angela

Replies

• Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,709 Member
    Options
    You go Angela! Sounds like you're off to a great start. Not sure where you are in your fitness goals in that pic but you look great!
  • CraftHer
    CraftHer Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am also a 50 year old Angela who's goal is to run a 5K. Although, I do like to run. I just can't do it, yet. I'm working up to it. Are you on a particular training program?

You sound like you have a great attitude. Good luck to you!
  • TimothyB75
    TimothyB75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    great job.
  • abhill0913
    abhill0913 Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am almost to that weight. That was taken on my last weight lost with MFP. It's an inspiration to return beyond that. Thanks for the support and the compliment! Please feel free to friend request. Love meeting new people that has the same interest!!!
  • mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! What an incredible story. Feel free to add me. I'd love to cheer you on! I'm a mom of 4, down 45 lbs. so far. You can do it!
  • abhill0913
    Options
    Thanks MAMANEWLAND! Congrats on your weigh loss thus far. That's amazing! You go girl!
  • abhill0913
    Options
    To all that have read my post...."Here I Go Again.." Please excuse the typo. I am not sure how to edit this, but I will admit, I am not a writer. Would correct, if could. If you know how to edit such, please share. Thanks. :)
  • baykalk
    baykalk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried a plant based diet to help with your blood sugar and cholesterol?
  • FitnessTim
    FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I've also recently returned to MFP. I'm determined to stay no matter what life throws at me.